is 2011 th best recruiting class in the history of uconn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

is 2011 th best recruiting class in the history of uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Was it Ben whose rankings plummeted because he didn't play in a bunch of tournaments?
Yes, He had already committed and didn't want to go through the summer show off season. I can't remember where he was before but I believe he dropped down to the 40's.

Reaction Score
AD top two
DD top 10
RB top 40
______

i know ranking does not mean much, just wondered what people thought
i'd have to say so, yeah. going in, that is. i'd say knowing how things turned out, and what came after it, the hamilton, freeman, voskuhl class is the best ever

Reaction Score
Don't forget about that Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb, Roscoe Smith and Tyler Olander class. Even though they wernt highly rated they played better than any other recruiting class I saw in 2011. Even better than kentuckys class, it's not all about the ESPN ratings it's how they play throughout the season.
i might call that class the most under-rated ever. but you are correct, especially if they follow up last season with success this year or next.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Has any new ranking come out to reflect us getting AD?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the Calhoun era the two best freshmen were probably Nadev Henefeld and Doron Sheffer. Nadev's class included several other underreguarded players. That team, 89-90, made the biggest jump thru the inclusion of freshmen until the 10-11 team. (BTW I realize that Doron wsn't in Nadev's class.)

Just for the record, KEA kicks Sheffer's ass in any year you want to choose.

Reaction Score
Yes, He had already committed and didn't want to go through the summer show off season. I can't remember where he was before but I believe he dropped down to the 40's.
So the numbers aren't really that accurate. He was clearly head and shoulders above number 40.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
So the numbers aren't really that accurate. He was clearly head and shoulders above number 40.
Yep! I think the whole rating game is 1. totally subjective and 2. biased! Last year we were all going crazy over recruiting D Lamb who was highly rated and we all underestimated Jeremy due to the "rankings" (guilty myself). I'm glad we got the Lamb we did! Also, Emeka was somewhere around 100 or so!

Reaction Score
Hand's down the most frustrating big class 2006 (Sticks, Dyson, Hasheem, Wiggins, Kelly, Dove, Edwards & Eaves) - Although they made it to -4, the gave us great angst.

What does it say about us as a program that the recruiting class considered to be the most aggravating, disappointing, and generally not up to our standards, was one that still went to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Yup it is. I mean not only do you get two all-americans in boatright and daniels but you get another all american in drummond, and not only is he an all-american, and not only is he the best player in the class, but he's a once in a decade type player. Like think about if lebron went to college...his recruiting class would be the best in school history regardless of who else is in the class...that's almost how much Andre Drummond means to the class.

Reaction Score
AD top two
DD top 10
RB top 40
______

i know ranking does not mean much, just wondered what people thought
As far as ranking of players goes, I think so !! The class of 1995 was a great one in terms of quantity, however, of them all there were many unknowns. Only Donyell was highly ranked. This is the first time after winning the National Championship thar it has payed dividens for us in terms of ranked recruits !! After our other 2 NC 's the other highly ranked recruits still choose to go elsewhere

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In terms of rankings/accolades prior to setting foot on campus, I'm not sure that these three kids are ahead of Caron (top prep player in the country), Taliek and Hazelton (both McD's AA'a).

We have seen very clearly however that the best classes often arrive with less praise than they depart with. Emeka and Ben came in together and went two and three in the draft after their junior year. Our current crop of sophomores supposedly was a consolation prize for missing out on a number of very highly rated prospects. I am very confident that we have added three exceptionally talented kids to the roster. I personally could care less how highly rated they are.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yep! I think the whole rating game is 1. totally subjective and 2. biased! Last year we were all going crazy over recruiting D Lamb who was highly rated and we all underestimated Jeremy due to the "rankings" (guilty myself). I'm glad we got the Lamb we did! Also, Emeka was somewhere around 100 or so!
Last season Kentucky fans were much more excited than UConn fans preseason based on recruiting classes. At the end of the season it reversed. Preseason excitement is good for months. Postseason excitement is good for years. Its good to get excited about this years class but it will be better if they demonstrate it with results.

Reaction Score
Last season Kentucky fans were much more excited than UConn fans preseason based on recruiting classes. At the end of the season it reversed. Preseason excitement is good for months. Postseason excitement is good for years. Its good to get excited about this years class but it will be better if they demonstrate it with results.

Well put! We're only going to love this class if it produces...but certainly UConn men's basketball fans are gearing up for what could be a very very exciting season.

Reaction Score
Best class IMO ever is Emeca and Ben. Only time will tell how god this class will be, but let's hope it does turn out to be the best ever. We have Potenial but at this point we do NOT have proven performance nor do we have a National Champonship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom