Ironic | The Boneyard

Ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cincy fans on Twitter are b1tching and moaning to high heck about officiating. What game were they watching?

Reaction Score
They should have peeked at our chat room. Funny as both fans were bitchin.

It was simply not well officiated.

Reaction Score
They should have peeked at our chat room. Funny as both fans were bitchin.

It was simply not well officiated.

Amidah's 3 and 4th were BS fouls.

As was the whole Lubin-flop and Purvis foul.

DHam had a bad game, and probably shouldn't have gotten that ticky-tack foul called on Cincy.

Boatright was absolutely fouled on the arm by 2 different players on his drive inside.

Reaction Score
Amidah's 3 and 4th were BS fouls.

As was the whole Lubin-flop and Purvis foul.

DHam had a bad game, and probably shouldn't have gotten that ticky-tack foul called on Cincy.

Boatright was absolutely fouled on the arm by 2 different players on his drive inside.

Not to mention those awful goaltending calls(and lack thereof) in the first half.

Reaction Score
Amida's fourth? The attempted charge? Definitely a block call.

Reaction Score
I had to laugh when I saw a Cincy fan complain about the Gary Clark travel call when Amida had him shook. It might not have been a travel but Amida blocked it anway and Facey grabbed the ball so what difference does it make?

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
Amida's fourth? The attempted charge? Definitely a block call.

It probably could be a no call. Brimah flopped before there was contact and it looked like he "pulled the chair" from the guy dipping his shoulder expecting contact - but there could have been a foul low with his legs.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
Yeah but he doesn't need to be trying to take a charge at the elbow.

True, but his man put his head down hard and drove more or less into him seeking contact - I don't think he wanted to draw a charge so much as he bailed on a defensive slide which would have resulted in a bumping foul. In a perfect world, he could have not slid at all and just retreated to contest the shot. I think the Cincy guy would have been too out of control to make a contested drive over him.

Reaction Score
True, but his man put his head down hard and drove more or less into him seeking contact - I don't think he wanted to draw a charge so much as he bailed on a defensive slide which would have resulted in a bumping foul. In a perfect world, he could have not slid at all and just retreated to contest the shot. I think the Cincy guy would have been too out of control to make a contested drive over him.

But as you said, Amida was in the midst of sliding which means he was still moving and it is a block. I was more angry with Amida for even trying to draw a charge there. Stand your ground and cause the player to piss themselves.

Reaction Score
All the momentum swinging calls went in Cincinnati's favor. Sliding timeout, D-Ham no call goal tend, Brimah's wrong goal tend to name a few

Reaction Score
I was at a complete loss for words with the goaltending, when the ball was barely halfway over the rim. An elementary school student could reason that the ball was not at its peak or on the way down.

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
But as you said, Amida was in the midst of sliding which means he was still moving and it is a block. I was more angry with Amida for even trying to draw a charge there. Stand your ground and cause the player to piss themselves.

Not a block if there's no contact that affects the play. Would have to rewatch to see if there was contact with the legs tripping the Cincy guy up - live I thought Brimah accidentally "pulled the chair" and the guy fell on his own anticipating contact with a body that was no longer there, but I imagine those could have been homer glasses. If he tripped over Brimah's legs, then yeah - they have to call it unfortunately. Tough for a 7-0 guy to get out if the way.

The original move was up near the foul line, so it's hard to stand your ground there. The question is how important is to cut off dribble penetration if you're Brimah. Maybe it's worth it to just give up the drive and not risk the foul.

Reaction Score
Not a block if there's no contact that affects the play. Would have to rewatch to see if there was contact with the legs tripping the Cincy guy up - live I thought Brimah accidentally "pulled the chair" and the guy fell on his own anticipating contact with a body that was no longer there, but I imagine those could have been homer glasses. If he tripped over Brimah's legs, then yeah - they have to call it unfortunately. Tough for a 7-0 guy to get out if the way.

The original move was up near the foul line, so it's hard to stand your ground there. The question is how important is to cut off dribble penetration if you're Brimah. Maybe it's worth it to just give up the drive and not risk the foul.

It looked to me like the legs got all tangled up as he tried to get position especially considering the way Amida fell. By stand your ground I meant allow the guy to try and drive. Probably poor choice of words. 98% of big men will travel, get blocked, or will alter their shot with Amida on them. Either way, Amida did this twice against Okafor too. It's a foul; a ticky-tac one, but it is a foul especially when you are a big man. I feel like there's much less latitude with big men taking charges.

Reaction Score
sinsineightee need go Big 12 pronto and shut thef up

simply dont wnat to see them ever ever again on schedule with their uninteresting, , nil esthetically pleezing, boulder holder rock fight stratagem of thug ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom