72-69 nd

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Just got another one getting a steal and layup

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Much closer game then I thought it would be. Stats favor Notre Dame and in the end they'll win the game. If Carter manges to complete the game and hits some great three point shots down the stretch A&M has a chance.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yup, the refs are apparently once again using the whistle in the forth quarter of a game to advance the interests of the "favored" team. I'm calling B.S. on the NCAA here.

We’ve seen this happen before. Last years final four was 2 examples.

Interesting all 3 teams have male coaches

the Q

Reaction Score
They didn’t call that foul at mid court in the nc game last year...

the Q

Reaction Score
Texas am missing way too many point blank layups

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
AO is the queen of calls. Nice to have that type of player in your corner.

Reaction Score
Tough loss for A&M because they had what it takes to pull of the upset. But Notre Dame raised their game just a notch in the forth quarter, whereas Blair's team had too many empty possessions, mostly due to missed shots. Some weird, wild misses from Carter late in the game, as I suppose the effects of the wheels coming off started hitting home.

Texas A&M finished the game with 80 point, which would have resulted in a win in most occasions. But they just couldn't stop Notre Dame from scoring at any point during the game, and so their season is over.

Last edited:

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
The NCAA must do something to address flopping. It’s become epidemic. I firmly believe that some coaches teach their players to hit the deck whenever possible. It’s way past time to make “flopping” a personal foul.

Reaction Score
The NCAA must do something to address flopping. It’s become epidemic. I firmly believe that some coaches teach their players to hit the deck whenever possible. It’s way past time to make “flopping” a personal foul.
I totally agree with you and have been thinking the same thing all season long. The refs are totally falling for it time and time again, to the point that they often look stupid and it's reinforcing the offending behavior.

I believe the NCAA should make it an official point of emphasis for next season.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

They did in the NBA. It was getting insane so they had to: ................................ "In the NBA, the penalty for "flopping" is a technical foul if caught in-game, and a fine if caught after the game in video reviews. The technical foul is a non-unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul (one of six fouls a player may be assessed before disqualification; no ejection is possible)."

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A&M needs to play some defense if they want to win another National Championship. IF A&M played defense like UConn or for that matter ND does, they might have won the game. ND had too many open looks.

Reaction Score
Texas AM will be tough next year with all of their starters back

They could have been a tough team this year except their two seniors decided they didn't want to be part of the CC show.

CC reminds me quite a bit of AI, except AI played a little D in college. What they have in common is AI never won anything, college or pro.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
They could have been a tough team this year except their two seniors decided they didn't want to be part of the CC freak show.

CC reminds me quite a bit of AI, except AI played a little D in college. What they have in common is AI never won anything, college or pro.

That's a pretty interesting analogy. I've watcher her in exactly the same two games over the course of two years and the same thing happens: Volume shooter who works hard to get her looks, but ultimately she runs a little low on the gas and shots start coming up short.

Besides CC, the other aspect of A&M that is tough to prepare for is their speed. The Irish played their 2-3 zone and went to a junk triangle and two. The trouble in the first half is their forwards just crashed the boards....fast.
I think the Irish handled it a bit better in the 2nd half.

This is the proverbial "win and move on game." Plus, it gives MM a reason to get her team's collective ear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom