Iowa tonight at 6:30pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa tonight at 6:30pm

Reaction Score
My biggest concern is free throws. They killed Oregon in that area and we have not been great on that front to say the least. We need to hit free throws at a decent clip.

Reaction Score
Iowa is somehow a 4.5 point favorite tonight. If you look at all of our stats vs. theirs we lead in literally every category both offensive and defensive. We beat UMKC by 28, they beat the same team by 12. Personally I like our chances especially with the home court advantage. If I were a betting man I’d be putting some good $$ down on UConn tonight.

Cuse was favored by 9. We won by 7. (16 point swing)

So since Iowa is favored by 4.5, we should win by 11.5!

Reaction Score
You left Boston at 6pm for a 7PM tip off at the corner of 7th Ave and 34th St? What am I missing?

I don't think it says he tried to go to last nights game. Just he left Boston at 6pm and it took him 11 hours to get to NYC because of the storm. So as to not make the 11 hour journey a bust, he wants a W tonight for the game he is actually seeing.

Reaction Score
It’ll come down to UConn doing its in your face harassing suffocating D. Create turnovers and run. Half court game the slight edge goes to the bigger Hawkeyes.
UConn is sitting on the cusp of being nationally recognized again. Lose tonight and that recognition gets kicked down the road.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I had a son graduate from Iowa so I've watched many of their games over the past seven or so years. They like to play uptempo. They play zero defense. Cook is their best player. Bohannon is a good point guard. Garza, Baer and Kriener are their best bigs. McCaffrey's teams always seem to underachieve so let's hope that happens tonight. I'm going to a concert with my Iowa grad son tonight. UConn hoop game and then some live music that's a good night. BTW, Iowa City is a great place to get your drink on.

Reaction Score
I had a son graduate from Iowa so I've watched many of their games over the past seven or so years. They like to play uptempo. They play zero defense. Cook is their best player. Bohannon is a good point guard. Garza, Baer and Kriener are their best bigs. McCaffrey's teams always seem to underachieve so let's hope that happens tonight. I'm going to a concert with my Iowa grad son tonight. UConn hoop game and then some live music that's a good night. BTW, Iowa City is a great place to get your drink on.
I bet our guys are really excited to play against an uptempo zero defense team after last night's game. I'm sure Hurley will have 'em pumped up too.

Excited for the game! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Ah well. The boys gotta take care of business tonight. A 4-0 start will give this team the confidence it needs. Also an outside shot at a Top 25 ranking next week.

Indiana will get in the rankings before we do. Marquette will drop out.

Other than that, even though either Oregon or Syracuse will lose twice, they're both ranked highly enough--and will have good enough losses--where they probably shouldn't/won't fall out of the rankings. Villanova would need to get beaten again, I think.

We're not even in the receiving votes yet. If we win tonight we'll probably be pretty far up that list.

If we were playing Oregon, it might be different.

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about Iowa?

Well, there a lot of farms. Have driven from Des Moines to Omaha a couple times on biz. Not as flat as most think. Kind of rolling hills. You can drive 90 on the highway no problem. Hope that helps.

Reaction Score
have to say..it is pretty nice being able to watch the game (practice, work, or attending other games) rather than listen on radio/streaming. Go, Huskies!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom