Iowa tonight at 6:30pm | The Boneyard

Iowa tonight at 6:30pm

Reaction Score
Any thoughts? They looked good vs #13 Oregon. Last night was big for us but it's a short turnaround and we need to win these other P5 matchups to boost our resume for down the road.

(Edit my header: tip will probably be closer to 7pm.)

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The game will start closer to 7pm, correct ? From the little I watched of them last night, they looked a really sound basketball team that rebounded well and played smart basketball.

Reaction Score
The game will start closer to 7pm, correct ? From the little I watched of them last night, they looked a really sound basketball team that rebounded well and played smart basketball.
Yeah the first game Oregon vs. Syracuse starts at 4:30 so depends when it ends. Isn't it usually 30 minutes after the first game ends?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah the first game Oregon vs. Syracuse starts at 4:30 so depends when it ends. Isn't it usually 30 minutes after the first game ends?

Yes. I'll be shocked if the game starts before 7:00. 6:50 at the earliest.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping 7:00 or later so I have a chance of making it.

Same. I'm driving to Vermont, land of spotty cell coverage. Will need to ESPN stream it once I get there.

Reaction Score
After watching the UConn game, this game looked like a snail's pace, not even kidding. They all looked like they were moving in slow motion, maybe due to both teams playing a zone.

That said, they seem to be more of a sound basketball team than Cuse, but not as much length or athletiscm. They reminded me of the one team in every rec league made up of the old guys - all play smart, can protect the ball, and minimize mistakes. Team is smallish, but their bigs seem to all shoot well. We may have a little more size than them (just by eye balling, didnt look at their roster). Think the best take away from their game last night, we should be able to run all night on em.

Reaction Score
Iowa can shoot. They wont go 3 for 28 or whatever Syracuse shot yesterday. Their post guys are fundamentally sound and can hit an outside shot. They like half court games though. Need to push in transition and play our pace.

Reaction Score
Honestly bummed Oregon didn’t take care of Iowa. I wanted to see us take down another Top 15 team and see how we matchup with Bol Bol and the other top freshmen Oregon brought in.

Ah well. The boys gotta take care of business tonight. A 4-0 start will give this team the confidence it needs. Also an outside shot at a Top 25 ranking next week.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I bet game doesn't start until after 7. college basketball games, especially against two top 25 teams, always take longer than 2 hours plus 30 min warm ups.

Reaction Score
Honestly bummed Oregon didn’t take care of Iowa. I wanted to see us take down another Top 15 team and see how we matchup with Bol Bol and the other top freshmen Oregon brought in.

Ah well. The boys gotta take care of business tonight. A 4-0 start will give this team the confidence it needs. Also an outside shot at a Top 25 ranking next week.

Interesting you mention rankings. Does UConn get rated ahead of Fruit, how about Villanova? Fruit or Oregon have to lose tonight. What about Marquette, pretty one sided loss to Indiana. A 4-0 UConn or Iowa need to be in the top 25.

Reaction Score
Interesting you mention rankings. Does UConn get rated ahead of Fruit, how about Villanova? Fruit or Oregon have to lose tonight. What about Marquette, pretty one sided loss to Indiana. A 4-0 UConn or Iowa need to be in the top 25.
I think if Uconn is in the "receiving votes" section if they lose tonight. #22-25 if they win.

Reaction Score
At least Nova lost to a ranked opponent. The amount of the loss is, ummm, well, interesting. You shouldn’t get scorched by another ranked team by that much.

Reaction Score
Couple of interesting facts from Iowa's victory.

Iowa made 10 of 28 3-pointers, with eight players chipping in with at least one from beyond the arc. During their first two games, the Hawkeyes connected on just 12 of their 43 3s.

The Hawkeyes sealed the victory from the free-throw line, connecting on 29 of their 33 attempts, including 28 of 30 in the second half.

So once again, guarding the arc will be important. So will playing defense without fouling. Last night, first half was a hackfest. Something to watch for.

Reaction Score
Iowa is somehow a 4.5 point favorite tonight. If you look at all of our stats vs. theirs we lead in literally every category both offensive and defensive. We beat UMKC by 28, they beat the same team by 12. Personally I like our chances especially with the home court advantage. If I were a betting man I’d be putting some good $$ down on UConn tonight.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Iowa is somehow a 4.5 point favorite tonight. If you look at all of our stats vs. theirs we lead in literally every category both offensive and defensive. We beat UMKC by 28, they beat the same team by 12. Personally I like our chances especially with the home court advantage. If I were a betting man I’d be putting some good $$ down on UConn tonight.
Hammer the huskies!

Reaction Score
Will be at the game tonight. My girlfriend and I took a Megabus from Boston - NYC last night that departed at 6pm. I've done this plenty of times with no problem.

Long story short, a little bit of snow + incoherent driver/dispatch + traffic, got in a 5:00am.

I've never wanted an MSG W more than tonight....

Awesome win last night, let's go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Will be at the game tonight. My girlfriend and I took a Megabus from Boston - NYC last night that departed at 6pm. I've done this plenty of times with no problem.

Long story short, a little bit of snow + incoherent driver/dispatch + traffic, got in a 5:00am.

You left Boston at 6pm for a 7PM tip off at the corner of 7th Ave and 34th St? What am I missing?

Reaction Score
I think if Uconn brings the same energy and passion they will be just fine verse Iowa. UConn’s guards defensively should really be able to get into Iowa’s ballhandlers, they aren’t the quickest or toughest and Uconn should be able to break their rhythm. Iowa is a very controlled rheumatic basketball team, but I believe Uconn will be able to challenge that with their ball pressure. Look for the backboard to be a big part of this game, if Uconn can stay even they should be able to win by 7-12 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom