Iowa State or UNC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa State or UNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UNC is very good at some things, shooting isn't one of them.

ISU has Kane. He's very good.

Both are tough but I'd lean toward the Jekyll and Hyde team.

They also have the Big 12 player of the year.

Reaction Score
UNC is very underwhelming. They have one guy who can shoot and one guy who can get his one shot and its the same person. They do beast the boards but they honestly haven't impressed me at all this year. Ejim and Kane are tough matchups.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
whoever gives up or doesn't buy the most tickets

Reaction Score
UNC EASY.. I would rather play them... not even close. first off Iowa st is not a good matchup for us and Hoyberg is a great coach... IMO a much better "in game" coach than RW.

NC cant shoot and we have a much better chance beating them

Reaction Score
UNC is very underwhelming. They have one guy who can shoot and one guy who can get his one shot and its the same person. They do beast the boards but they honestly haven't impressed me at all this year. Ejim and Kane are tough matchups.
kane isn't as good as pinkston. He is 6'6 , daniels is 6'9 with a 7'1 reach. i'm down anybody. we even matchup with msu.

Reaction Score
Even with ISU no longer having Niang I would still rather face UNC, Hoiberg is a great coach and Kane would a matchup nightmare for either Boat or Bazz, and Ejim is one of those face up PFs that can go inside or out that have always given us fits. Paige is nasty but he's really UNC's only shooter, deal with him and then pack in the paint on their bigs and their one slasher in Tokoto.

Reaction Score
kane isn't as good as pinkston. He is 6'6 , daniels is 6'9 with a 7'1 reach. i'm down anybody. we even matchup with msu.

Kane is their PG, Ejim is the inside/out PF sorta like Pinkston and he's a better player than Pinkston.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
there are only two ACC teams left and they both can lose tomorrow

Reaction Score
Iowa State fans actually travel ridiculously well too. I remember when they played us in football at the Rent and I went to the Dairy Bar the Friday before that game and the line at the Dairy Bar on the Storrs campus was filled with Iowa State fans that made the trip.

They travel very well for tournaments. The Big 12 final sounded like it was in Ames.

I'll determine who I want to face at half time tomorrow. Leaning toward Iowa State because A. our players hand their butts handed to them by them in 2012 and you know there's no way to over look them and B. the injury they just suffered, losing a 16.5 guy is a big deal.
Was at the football game and can concur. The amount of iowa st fans was too damn high. Pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
Even with ISU no longer having Niang I would still rather face UNC, Hoiberg is a great coach and Kane would a matchup nightmare for either Boat or Bazz, and Ejim is one of those face up PFs that can go inside or out that have always given us fits. Paige is nasty but he's really UNC's only shooter, deal with him and then pack in the paint on their bigs and their one slasher in Tokoto.
Agreed

Reaction Score
Kane is their PG, Ejim is the inside/out PF sorta like Pinkston and he's a better player than Pinkston.
yeah mixed them up. Kane is an issue. ejim is a similar player to pinkston. he hits more threes, but its not like he is 6'11; we have more length. They have a terrific frosh guard...i like our talent matched with theirs though. only thing that concerns me (minimally) is coaching

Reaction Score
yeah mixed them up. Kane is an issue. ejim is a similar player to pinkston. he hits more threes, but its not like he is 6'11; we have more length. They have a terrific frosh guard...i like our talent matched with theirs though. only thing that concerns me (minimally) is coaching

agreed, and that's not a slight of KO, he's been superb, but I'd rather face Roy Williams with a week to prepare than Hoiberg, that's how much I think of Hoiberg.

Reaction Score
Who cares. This is our house. Some one else said it on this board, but whoever is dumb enough to win is about to run into a train.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I forgot that ISU lost a player. Hum...at full strength ISU scared me a tad. I feel that UNC doesn't play scary D, but they do have more size inside that ISU. So my answer...hum...I'm hoping they go to triple overtime, both play like crap and if we play like we did tonight, we'll take down either one.

If we get by the S-16 game and have to face MSU, well that's another story. Funny tourney. I don't think I've seen a more fomidable pair of 4 seeds in Mich St and UL. If we get past Iowa St. or UNC, we probably will have to face two teams that IMO are match-up nightmares, but let's take one game at a time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Iowa State is the better team, but I think UNC is a tougher match-up for us. They play tough defense, they're loaded with depth up front, and I think we'd have a lot of trouble keeping them off the boards. Iowa State losing Georges Niang is enormous, a lot of Iowa State fans think he's their most valuable player, and for good reason. Dude averages 17 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. He can post up, he can pop out and hit the three, he's extremely crafty down low, and he's capable of hitting cutters and creating all sorts of chaos on our defense. He's basically a rich man's version of that guy from St. Joe's we played, and I'm more than happy not to be seeing him again. I agree with those lauding Hoiberg, I think he and Ollie are the best two >45 coaches in the country.

Either way, though, I'm confident. This team is playing really, really well right now and there's no sense of putting a ceiling on what they can accomplish.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
ACC is overrated and we owe the Cyclones big time. Give us either and I think we show up.

Reaction Score
Personally I would rather face UNC, ISU scares me and with the ACC's track record prefer UNC at this point. UNC recieved most of its renown from beating Duke and we all know how good they were (and incase you missed it look at SU for reference).

Reaction Score
I don't care who we face, because I think we will be game. But another perspective to consider is that UNC would bring a lot more eyeballs to the game. I think we would get a prime time slot on CBS if it were UNC.

Reaction Score
Either way you gotta like getting an extra day of rest and preparation on them.

Reaction Score
UNC EASY.. I would rather play them... not even close. first off Iowa st is not a good matchup for us and Hoyberg is a great coach... IMO a much better "in game" coach than RW.

NC cant shoot and we have a much better chance beating them

Honestly i dont care as i think we could beat either of them. Im just thrilled we`re in the sweet 16 anything beyond that is pure gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom