Iowa State coach needs to quarantine. | The Boneyard

Iowa State coach needs to quarantine.

Reaction Score
AMES, Iowa —
Iowa State University’s head women’s basketball coach will step away from practices following exposure to COVID-19.

Head coach Bill Fennelly issued a statement Monday saying he will quarantine for 14 days following the exposure. Associate head coach Jodi Steyer will take over while Fennelly is in quarantine.

According to Fennelly, he and the entire women’s basketball program have tested negative for the virus.

“I am thankful to have an amazing staff to manage the program while I’m away,” he said in a statement. “It will be hard to miss games, but I will watch and cheer along with the best fans in the nation.”

The Cyclones are scheduled to play games against Omaha, South Dakota State, TCU and South Carolina during Fennelly’s 14-day self-isolation.

Reaction Score
AMES, Iowa —
Iowa State University’s head women’s basketball coach will step away from practices following exposure to COVID-19.

Head coach Bill Fennelly issued a statement Monday saying he will quarantine for 14 days following the exposure. Associate head coach Jodi Steyer will take over while Fennelly is in quarantine.

According to Fennelly, he and the entire women’s basketball program have tested negative for the virus.

“I am thankful to have an amazing staff to manage the program while I’m away,” he said in a statement. “It will be hard to miss games, but I will watch and cheer along with the best fans in the nation.”

The Cyclones are scheduled to play games against Omaha, South Dakota State, TCU and South Carolina during Fennelly’s 14-day self-isolation.
So this begs the question, why isn't the entire team, coaches, trainers, etc. quarantined for 14 days and canceling all games scheduled in the next 14 days?
Aren't there any NCAA "rules" dictating how programs respond to a COVID-19 exposure?

Is it only because the coach was "exposed" and with UConn there was a positive test result?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
So this begs the question, why isn't the entire team, coaches, trainers, etc. quarantined for 14 days and canceling all games scheduled in the next 14 days?
Aren't there any NCAA "rules" dictating how programs respond to a COVID-19 exposure?

Is it only because the coach was "exposed" and with UConn there was a positive test result?

And if she takes another test in a few days and it comes up positive, then those in the program who have been exposed to her within six feet for more than 15 minutes will be required to quarantine, even if their tests come up negative.

Reaction Score

I don’t know specifics about the Iowa State situation, but I’m guessing it’s either because he was only exposed and has not tested positive and/or the exposure happened during a period where he was not around the team or staff (possibly an off day?). Again I’m not sure, but that would be my best guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom