Iowa Post Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Iowa Post Game Press Conference

Reaction Score
This is how you know Lisa Bluder is a great coach -- very level-headed insightful comments on both teams. She has a very pragmatic way about her, and she's built a fine program and team culture. You typically see her players help up opposing players -- a far cry from coach Abe and her teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hometown girl who stayed home for college. I imagine if UConn did reach out she probably let them know she wasn’t leaving Iowa. Never heard anything about UConn recruiting her. Just my assumptions.
I think I remember Iowa, Iowa St , ND as her top 3?

Reaction Score
As I remember many thought she was headed to Notre Dame as she was a religious Catholic recruit from the Midwest so picking Iowa was a bit of a surprise.......

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
UCONN didn't recruit Caitlin Clark. Caitlin actually was committed to Notre Dame for a few weeks but decommitted after calling coach Bluder asking if Iowa was still an option. She decommitted because she didn't feel Notre Dame was the best fit for her game and she wanted it to be HER decision 100%.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Well UCONN didn't recruit Caitlin to begin with, so UCONN gaining Paige's commitment had nothing to do with Caitlin's recruitment. They are both great players but Paige's game is a perfect fit UCONN and Geno.

Reaction Score
This is how you know Lisa Bluder is a great coach -- very level-headed insightful comments on both teams. She has a very pragmatic way about her, and she's built a fine program and team culture. You typically see her players help up opposing players -- a far cry from coach Abe and her teams.
Coach Bluder is a pretty solid coach. Iowa women's basketball, crazy at it may seem, has always been a pretty solid program. For 30 plus years. They have been a Top 20 team. Coach Bluder has kept that program competitive and in good standing.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I have a hard time understanding why in two instances, we get the losing team conference and not ours....

Crazy, no?

Reaction Score
I have a hard time understanding why in two instances, we get the losing team conference and not ours....

Crazy, no?
Because the losing schools choose to send someone on the trip to record and put them out I guess? We didn't even get the whole of those as it was more like the little snippet SNY does when they choose to show a few minutes of Geno's post-game press conferences. We only get what we get when it's a home game because one of the UConn bloggers attends the media availability and press conferences and records them to put out on youtube. If not for them we would never see any of this stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom