Ionescu, Stewart agree: Ducks would've won title | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ionescu, Stewart agree: Ducks would've won title

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the 2017 FSU game in a long while, but USC lead comfortably for most of 4th Q (double digits at times) before FSU got as close as 3, briefly.
It was precisely when they got the closest that a series of very bad calls went against FS. Those changed not only the momentum but the completion of the game because FS was forced to foul. Which is what decided the final score. It was much closer than the score indicated. As I said I had no dog in the fight so my perspective was rather objective.

I am not saying that SC did not play well enough to win the Nattie, just that they got quite a few breaks along the way. In fact, there are quite a few teams that needed breaks to win their Nattie's. Most teams just are not that much better than the field that they can win without some help. What I do see is a coach and a fan base that has gone over the top with their evaluations of their own teams. I mean building a statue of a player just because she was instrumental in winning one Championship. That says quite a bit. If UConn or perhaps Tenn did that they wouldn't have enough space for the statues. Modesty always sits well.

Reaction Score
. . .

Most teams just are not that much better than the field that they can win without some help. What I do see is a coach and a fan base that has gone over the top with their evaluations of their own teams. I mean building a statue of a player just because she was instrumental in winning one Championship. That says quite a bit. If UConn or perhaps Tenn did that they wouldn't have enough space for the statues. Modesty always sits well.

We are PROUDLY, a fanbase that is always over the top. It's who we are. That's why we cram fans in to see a now-abysmal football program and a fallen baseball power as well as a rising WBB program.

It's a shame that all WBB fans missed an opportunity to see 5 top 10 draft choices and the Frosh of the Year /1st Team AA get to settle it on the court - but it will be an argument that will continue as long as these six players (and others tbd) continue to play the game. (not that either team was guaranteed to make the finals)

Will SCar be a dominant power next year? We'll see. Lot's of young talent remains, but Kiki and Tyasha were the glue that held the four freshmen together and their leadership will be missed. But, the fans will be there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom