Intros and tip off music last night, Big Red | The Boneyard

Intros and tip off music last night, Big Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
anyone else notice how awful the pregame and intro music were? Seriously couldn't have more purposely tried to keep the crowd flat. Old one used to get the crowd whipped up in a frenzy. Why the hell did they change it? Any way to give this feedback back to uconn?

As an aside, where was big red last night? He normally is a few rows below me but was no where to be found.

Reaction Score
What was the song that they played? Lets get ready to rumble is pretty dated and cheesy t be honest. It was a good song to get everyone clapping in unison but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it being done away with.

Reaction Score
Did they finally change the 90s dance song that played when people started clapping until the first basket was made?

They needed to change it, but i'm fine with it being another dance/techno song. I was thinking Levels by Avicii could be a good update to it. But now there are musicians making throwback songs that sound like 90s dance, pick anything by this Kiesza chick, keep it in the 90s!

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
What was the song that they played? Lets get ready to rumble is pretty dated and cheesy t be honest. It was a good song to get everyone clapping in unison but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it being done away with.
Maybe cheesy and dated but it fired up gampel. What they played last night fell totally flat.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gampel was fine, people just need to get used to the new songs. The issue last night was there was some delay that held up tip, so the song played for 3 or 4 minutes when we were expecting the game to start imminently.

Reaction Score
In the late 90's they had different music for intros and tip off. They played Mo Money Mo Problems for player intros and then when the team broke the huddle they went into "Get Ready for This" I don't remember when it changed but I know that it was that way for at least the 97-98 and 98-99 seasons.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
can we get the intro video?
I thought the video from 2012 was the best. Just stick to the all time uconn highlights. No boring monologues or poses or animation.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
Anyone with info on Big Red?

Reaction Score
In the late 90's they had different music for intros and tip off. They played Mo Money Mo Problems for player intros and then when the team broke the huddle they went into "Get Ready for This" I don't remember when it changed but I know that it was that way for at least the 97-98 and 98-99 seasons.

Ha, Mo Money Mo Problems probably wasn't the smartest selection. The NCAA would probably be all over them now for that as harmless as it was. On another note I remember Manny Ramirez came to the plate one year (or part of the year) with Styles P's Good Times . The hook to the song is, I get high, high, high, high, I get high high high high.

Reaction Score
Anyone with an update on Big Red? If he's not at the Texas game is everyone going to assume he's dead? I sit a few rows in front of him at Gampel and his seats were empty the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom