Interviews of Dee | The Boneyard

Interviews of Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever noticed that when Diana Taurasi is interviewed, her mannerisms, voice tone and inflection, the point in her sentences that she pauses for emphasis and her body language all sound and look an awful lot like a famous Uconn basketball head coach who has coached her a few times?

The first time I noticed it, I thought I might be imagining it, but now, after seeing her interviewed several times the last two weeks, I don't think so.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think that is due as much to the basic similarity in their personalities as because of anything that he intentionally taught her, or that she consciously learned from him.

I continue to think of the fantasy that someday in the moderately distant future, Sue and Diana can coach their old college team, and maybe get Tina to join their staff to coach the post players. That would cover all the bases from the standpoint of basketball knowledge, and what a draw it would be for high school players to play for such Olympian names in the sport of women's basketball!

Sue could do the X's and O's, and Diana could provide the competitive fire and the 40-minute intensity that Geno has always insisted on.

Reaction Score
I think that is due as much to the basic similarity in their personalities as because of anything that he intentionally taught her, or that she consciously learned from him.

I continue to think of the fantasy that someday in the moderately distant future, Sue and Diana can coach their old college team, and maybe get Tina to join their staff to coach the post players. That would cover all the bases from the standpoint of basketball knowledge, and what a draw it would be for high school players to play for such Olympian names in the sport of women's basketball!

Sue could do the X's and O's, and Diana could provide the competitive fire and the 40-minute intensity that Geno has always insisted on.

I think, it's beyond obvious, based on quotes from Geno..that Geno wants Diana and Sue to coach Uconn, more than anything.

It'll be interesting if it happens. I think Sue would be all in. But I have a feeling Diana might want to stay in a warmer area..and I also have a feeling that a few NBA teams will be knocking on her door. (Phoenix already wanted her for their summer league coach).

But I think that's what Geno wants.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think Sue has said before that she has no interest in living in Connecticut. And he has experienced coaches like Shea who might be a better fit. Coaching at that level is about much more than Xs and Os...recruiting, managing a staff, etc. Not saying Dee and Sue wouldn't be wonderful coaches, but there have been a number of terrific players who turn out to be horrible head coaches - Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia Cooper (not horrible but definitely not super successful).

Plus - there is a phenomenon where uber talented players make terrible coaches...they haven't had the struggles that other players have had, they don't understand why their players can't just "get it" immediately like they have...just think about all the time She spent watching from the bench while injured. That's where you really learn - someone like Doty would probably make a great coach.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
UConn can NOT go from Geno to a nice, quiet-spoken, polite coach. No one could possibly fill his shoes other than DT. Capable, knowledgeable and smart-ass. Chris or Sue or Shea or whoever for associate, but DT for HC. It's a natural. Been saying so for a long time now.

Reaction Score
UConn can NOT go from Geno to a nice, quiet-spoken, polite coach. No one could possibly fill his shoes other than DT. Capable, knowledgeable and smart-ass. Chris or Sue or Shea or whoever for associate, but DT for HC. It's a natural. Been saying so for a long time now.
Totally agree. It is destiny.

upload_2016-8-20_20-27-21.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member