Interview with Dee Kantner | The Boneyard

Interview with Dee Kantner

JS

Reaction Score
Bet she misses being able to call two quick illegal screens on Stef in the first few minutes of every game.
There ya go, deficient refereeing. She missed all the ones after the first two.

In Stef's defense, Geno impressed on her that UConn posts can't just stand around and have to keep moving. Stef followed that direction even while setting screens.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There ya go, deficient refereeing. She missed all the ones after the first two.

In Stef's defense, Geno impressed on her that UConn posts can't just stand around and have to keep moving. Stef followed that direction even while setting screens.

She deserved the calls. :) But God I loved her roughhouse play in the paint followed by the innocence plea. I feel certain the bigs that had to play against her did not look forward to it. Now I'm sure Geno NEVER had to request some nasty from Dolson. Nasty was her MO. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Things I have always loved about Dolson, and it continues today:
  1. Exuberance for the game
  2. Work ethic
  3. Personality
You can tell she loves playing, works hard to be the best she can be, and her personality punctuates almost everything she does (whether it's hair color, comments, attitude, etc).

Reaction Score
Great interview! Have to get past the pay wall by googling & clicking the search result (incognito window doesn't do it). I liked this part:

Has UConn's dominance been good for the game? And will the sport benefit because the Huskies didn't win the national championship last season?

That's an opinion I think others should have. I think good competition if UConn sets the bar (high), and everyone else has to strive (to reach for it), good. I don't really have an opinion; I'm there to referee whoever they put on the floor.

(But) you read that monopoly is not good, so then you work harder. Raise the bar........I just work hard. There is no replacement for hard work.............

I think UConn, good for them. Let everybody work to (reach) their level.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The best refs don't get noticed during the game and don't interrupt the flow of the game.
This is certainly an often voiced idea, but I have always felt players and coaches usually have an equal share in this story. Good refs working games with bad players and bad coaches cannot win!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Left to their own devices, players will tend to get overly physical and the need for refs to try to reign that in to allow freedom of movement is critical so refs will always be noticed. The best you can realistically hope for is that they are consistent to both sides and do not call phantom fouls.

Reaction Score
Nice interview from a perspective we almost never hear from. She has a UConn-like attitude about preparation/conditioning, plus she admits to making mistakes!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She deserved the calls. :) But God I loved her roughhouse play in the paint followed by the innocence plea. I feel certain the bigs that had to play against her did not look forward to it. Now I'm sure Geno NEVER had to request some nasty from Dolson. Nasty was her MO. :D

After every call to this day, Stef acts as if she's never committed a foul in her life and there must be some mistake. I prefer her bellyaching to Diana's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom