International streaming options | The Boneyard

International streaming options

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Question for other internationally based UConn fans.

I’m living internationally again (Australia) and in the past, I used a friends’ Slingbox to watch games (both football and basketball) via his cable. Unfortunately Slingbox just shut down their servers for good last week so I’m looking for any other potential options.

I’ve heard that streaming on US services via a VPN is fraught with issues depending on the VPN service. Anyone have a good experience with any internationally available streaming services or VPN services combined to access CBS Sports, FS1 & FS2?

Thanks!

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score

I use this site from Germany with a VPN. The streams for our games this year have been surprisingly good.

Reaction Score
Question for other internationally based UConn fans.

I’m living internationally again (Australia) and in the past, I used a friends’ Slingbox to watch games (both football and basketball) via his cable. Unfortunately Slingbox just shut down their servers for good last week so I’m looking for any other potential options.

I’ve heard that streaming on US services via a VPN is fraught with issues depending on the VPN service. Anyone have a good experience with any internationally available streaming services or VPN services combined to access CBS Sports, FS1 & FS2?

Thanks!
Use a VPN, based in USA (I use Nord, NYC based) and link to USTVGO channels list - USTVGO.TV

All the channels you want are there, but you have to watch live (no recording option)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's tough. I use VPN Unlimited for a VPN service and they have an option for spooing your location as "streaming". It makes it seem like you are in the Bay Area in Cali.

But, I have a US-based YouTube TV account I log in to once I spoof my location. I think having a valid US-based streaming service is harder than finding a VPN you can use to access it. It is a chicken and the egg scenario of you need access to a US-based streaming service but without a US VPN location, you can't access the streaming.

Mini-rant but it blows my mind that as we near 2023 something as simple as online streaming is still geographically restricted. I wouldn't even mind paying a bit of a premium for a "global" type access subscription instead of a geographically based access subscription.

Reaction Score
Mini-rant but it blows my mind that as we near 2023 something as simple as online streaming is still geographically restricted. I wouldn't even mind paying a bit of a premium for a "global" type access subscription instead of a geographically based access subscription.

If i remember correctly, i heard somewhere that it is mainly because of TV rights and their restrictions, and geographical/attendance-based blackouts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If i remember correctly, i heard somewhere that it is mainly because of TV rights and their restrictions, and geographical/attendance-based blackouts.

I realize it's all about protecting local and regional broadcasters. I still think it's BS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom