Interesting Tidbit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Tidbit

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I totally disagree...watch and wait for it to not happen...pretty sure URI has always been and still is game for it, but UConn has not and... guessing Dan will not have it....

If the internet is any indicator, there is a lot of bad blood towards Dan in Kingston at the moment.

Reaction Score
If the internet is any indicator, there is a lot of bad blood towards Dan in Kingston at the moment.

URI would play them anytime...pretty sure. But to say there's bad blood towards Dan would be like Noah stepping outside and saying, "You know...kinda looks like we might get some rain..."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
URI would play them anytime...pretty sure. But to say there's bad blood towards Dan would be like Noah stepping outside and saying, "You know...kinda looks like we might get some rain..."

Who's your source on that?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The latest from URI - some of their fans think Tom Moore was planted as a UConn mole rather than a guy looking for a job after he was fired.
Ahem, we have our own contingent who could be referred to as "some of their fans" when others are talking about this message board.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is dudes on the street - not internet.
I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, or even what better or worse means. Was Heather Lyke a wild card or part of deep state black ops in this scenario?

C

Chief00

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, or even what better or worse means. Was Heather Lyke a wild card or part of deep state black ops in this scenario?

I think just frustrated URI fans. Ms Pitt AD had nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
Who's your source on that?

Pretty much everyone that lives in RI would want a game with UConn. I haven't spoken to everyone in the state, but haven't met any CBB fans in the state that wouldn't want it.
...and would wager a goodly amount that no one on URI staff would shy from it either... Think about it...why would they NOT want that game?
Do you think the fact they haven't played recently is because "URI didn't want to?" Seriously?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pretty much everyone that lives in RI would want a game with UConn. I haven't spoken to everyone in the state, but haven't met any CBB fans in the state that wouldn't want it.
...and would wager a goodly amount that no one on URI staff would shy from it either... Think about it...why would they NOT want that game?
Do you think the fact they haven't played recently is because "URI didn't want to?" Seriously?

I'm not talking about recently or in the past, as that's not relevant. I'm talking about going forward, with the coaching change has occurred between the 2 schools. And it doesn't matter about the fans. The only thing that matters would be their AD and coaching staff. I've no idea what the AD's feelings are having been left by Hurley.

I'm not saying Hurley would pursue it, just that I think he'd listen. From a personal perspective, I couldn't care less either way.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about recently or in the past, as that's not relevant. I'm talking about going forward, with the coaching change has occurred between the 2 schools. And it doesn't matter about the fans. The only thing that matters would be their AD and coaching staff. I've no idea what the AD's feelings are having been left by Hurley.

I'm not saying Hurley would pursue it, just that I think he'd listen. From a personal perspective, I couldn't care less either way.

No inside scoop, but I think Rhody would absolutely jump at the chance...to the extent that it's possibly an open/always extended offer...
I think the Rhody AD would absolutely go for it...and that Dan (or JC, for whatever reason) is much more likely to be the obstacle.

Reaction Score
I don’t think URI would be interested until all of Hurley’s former players and recruits had graduated or no longer with the program. After that I have no idea how the AD’s and Coaches would feel.

That's a good take.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So what are we talking about here really? URI playing a single game @ UConn? UConn isn't giving URI a home and home. Maybe a neutral site game at Mohegan Sun or something. Aside from people feeling this way or that emotionally, there is the other base disparity to be resolved. UConn isn't giving a home and home to any non P5 or Big East team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom