Interesting Tidbit | The Boneyard

Interesting Tidbit

Reaction Score
From amore article. Uconn is planning on a scrimmage with a D1 school as one of their exhibitions.
A lot of us have been asking for this for a while. No media or fans are allowed at these scrimmages and UConn's athletic department wasn't willing to give up the gate receipts from an exhibition game. With the steep drop in attendance I'm assuming they're now willing to let the coach get what he wants and give up the gate receipts.

Reaction Score
They got a waiver from the NCAA for that one to raise money for charity. Maybe they're doing that again.

Doesn't sound like it. Last line of the Amore article is "a scrimmage would be closed to public and media".

Reaction Score
Doesn't sound like it. Last line of the Amore article is "a scrimmage would be closed to public and media".
That has been the trend in recent years. I think that is a great idea because playing a D1 team helps a lot more than playing New Haven.

Reaction Score
The scrimmage against Providence last season was extremely telling. It can't hurt for the coaching staff to get a real view of the team. After that Providence game, it was clear that last years team was going nowhere. Maybe it would be best if the public and media are left in the dark until the real seasons begins.

Reaction Score
Also that we’re potentially playing UMass Lowell, Drexel, Cornell, and UNH

Reaction Score
Hurley had closed scrimmages against Harvard multiple times over the years at URI. Would be a great test in the preseason. I wish the open, charity scrimmages could become a regular thing

C

Chief00

So it’s Amore vs Chief. Who has the better sources?

Reaction Score
So UConn hired Tom Moore at URI? Genius.

Agreed.
And to the Chief...don't see any reason to believe it wasn't a combo...guy looking for a job...planted...all things just came together perfectly.
(That's not a new development at URI...their fans have thought that since March anyway)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sure, Hurley was acting on behalf of UConn, as our agent, when he hired Moore. :rolleyes:

If you believe that, you probably also believe that the Kennedy assassination was an organized effort involving VP Johnson, the CIA, the Cubans, the Russians, and Trafficante, who shared a girl friend with him.

Here's an interesting question. If Hurley had taken the Pitt job, does Tom Moore become the next head coach at UConn? He likely comes at a considerably discounted price compared with Ollie's salary.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
If you believe that, you probably also believe that the Kennedy assassination was an organized effort involving VP Johnson, the CIA, the Cubans, the Russians, and Trafficante, who shared a girl friend with him."
It wasn't? LOL

Reaction Score
Why?

Dan is a sentimental and emotional guy... wants to be loved...hates mixing conflict/competition and sentiment.
He'll never play ASU, as long as his bro is there, and he'll avoid URI - regardless of locale - for as long as possible.

Reaction Score
Sure, Hurley was acting on behalf of UConn, as our agent, when he hired Moore. :rolleyes:

If you believe that, you probably also believe that the Kennedy assassination was an organized effort involving VP Johnson, the CIA, the Cubans, the Russians, and Trafficante, who shared a girl friend with him.

Here's an interesting question. If Hurley had taken the Pitt job, does Tom Moore become the next head coach at UConn? He likely comes at a considerably discounted price compared with Ollie's salary.

I don't "know", but my guess is...if Hurley doesn't come to UConn...Moore doesn't either. Would be interesting to get a Chieftake on that...

Edited to add: Absolutely no chance Moore was ever going to be head coach at UConn.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dan is a sentimental and emotional guy... wants to be loved...hates mixing conflict/competition and sentiment.
He'll never play ASU, as long as his bro is there, and he'll avoid URI - regardless of locale - for as long as possible.

If URI really wanted a home and home, he would do it. I don't think they would mind you.

And Bobby doesn't want to play Danny either, so it'll never happen. spot on there.

Reaction Score
If URI really wanted a home and home, he would do it. I don't think they would mind you.

And Bobby doesn't want to play Danny either, so it'll never happen. spot on there.

I totally disagree...watch and wait for it to not happen...pretty sure URI has always been and still is game for it, but UConn has not and... guessing Dan will not have it....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom