Interesting tidbit from Rebecca | The Boneyard

Interesting tidbit from Rebecca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could see Zahui B taking the opportunity to be a top, if not #1, pick.

Meanwhile ND doesnt lose much to graduation this year. I see Loyd wanting to stick around for that.

Reaction Score
I could see Zahui B taking the opportunity to be a top, if not #1, pick.

Meanwhile ND doesnt lose much to graduation this year. I see Loyd wanting to stick around for that.
Zahui B may want to spend another year at MN. Rachel Banham will be back and with those two in their starting five, MN could have a great season.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Zahui B in a Minnestoa Lynx uniform at some point down the road.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I dunno. If they can make half a mil playing in Russia I think they would have to give that serious consideraton. There is always the nasty chance of blowing out a knee.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's rare for a "first year" to make the big bucks abroad. Not only do they have to have a great resume, but they need to handle being a pro - the travel, the self-maintenance, the homesickness, etc.

Reaction Score
Loyd should leave early so she could be the #1 pick, because she won't next year and its not like they have a legitimate shot at the NC.

Reaction Score
Loyd should leave early so she could be the #1 pick, because she won't next year and its not like they have a legitimate shot at the NC.

ND will not have a legitimate shot at the NC next year?!
I would be surprised if they are not a top 5 team, which pretty much is the definition of a legitimate shot at the title.

Reaction Score
It's rare for a "first year" to make the big bucks abroad. Not only do they have to have a great resume, but they need to handle being a pro - the travel, the self-maintenance, the homesickness, etc.

In the Times article about Hartley and McBride they seemed to make a quite bit more than in the WNBA. Then add those salaries up for BOTH WNBA and abroad even for a rookie and it is a real fine salary.

Reaction Score
ND will not have a legitimate shot at the NC next year?!
I would be surprised if they are not a top 5 team, which pretty much is the definition of a legitimate shot at the title.
What's legitimate is taking advantage of any opportunity to take a cheap shot at nd!

Reaction Score
Zahui B will be a crowd-pleaser wherever she goes, but certainly no time wasted if it were the Lynx. Even with Banham back next year I can't see them as NC contenders, so she looks like a very good pro-ready prospect to me. She could go very high in this draft. (Be a great solution to the Sun's post issue!) Jewell will be part of a great ND lineup going forward, and thoughts of rings she might have would not be far-fetched.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Zahui B is still pretty raw - I think she could use another year of refinement. Jewell is pro ready but I would be very surprised if she leaves ahead of class and passes up a chance at another deep tourney run.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don’t see an upside to either of them leaving early for the WNBA regardless of where they would be drafted. Lloyd best case is somewhere between (Simms, Diggins or McBride) in terms of WNBA impact. Without a major WNBA impact the oversee money is not there. I can’t see Lloyd ripping up the WNBA.
Best case is that Zahui has Dolson’s WNBA impact good but not significant enough to warrant a significant overseas contract. Both should stay in college.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Any chance Jewell will have earned her degree by the end of this year? Our Jude Schimmel (as well as Teddy Bridgewater, MN Qback) both earned their degrees in 3 years. Jude I believe is on target to finish her masters by the end of the summer. If she is fortunate enough to have earned her degree in 3 years, I could def. see going a real option.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any chance Jewell will have earned her degree by the end of this year? Our Jude Schimmel (as well as Teddy Bridgewater, MN Qback) both earned their degrees in 3 years. Jude I believe is on target to finish her masters by the end of the summer. If she is fortunate enough to have earned her degree in 3 years, I could def. see going a real option.

Jenny love your enthusiasm but Jude is not a legit WNBA prospect.

Reaction Score
Zahui B will be a crowd-pleaser wherever she goes, but certainly no time wasted if it were the Lynx. Even with Banham back next year I can't see them as NC contenders, so she looks like a very good pro-ready prospect to me. She could go very high in this draft. (Be a great solution to the Sun's post issue!) Jewell will be part of a great ND lineup going forward, and thoughts of rings she might have would not be far-fetched.
fantasy of rings, reality of annual disappointment

Reaction Score
I think ND will have a pretty good shot next year, to at least contend. They'll be adding more fire power than what will be taken away by graduation. I say Jewell stays another year knowing this and if the conversation arose I'm pretty sure Muffet will convince her to stay another year.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'm not promoting Jude as a WNBA prospect. Just making the point that she got her degree in 3 years (this is now her senior year) and if Jewell were able to do the same (by the end of this year) it would make sense in my mind to go on to the W.

Reaction Score
If she goes to Seattle I see her as a huge drawing card for Native American fans both on tv and at home/road games. They'd probably sell out every home game. They probably won't even have to use a draft pick to get her.

Reaction Score
I don’t see an upside to either of them leaving early for the WNBA regardless of where they would be drafted. Lloyd best case is somewhere between (Simms, Diggins or McBride) in terms of WNBA impact. Without a major WNBA impact the oversee money is not there. I can’t see Lloyd ripping up the WNBA.
Best case is that Zahui has Dolson’s WNBA impact good but not significant enough to warrant a significant overseas contract. Both should stay in college.
From what I saw this weekend she (Zahui B.) could be the answer for Tulsa or any number of teams.

Reaction Score
If Jewell finishes her degree, she can transfer to the school of her choice for grad school. Hello UConn!

(I'm kidding)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not promoting Jude as a WNBA prospect. Just making the point that she got her degree in 3 years (this is now her senior year) and if Jewell were able to do the same (by the end of this year) it would make sense in my mind to go on to the W.
Got it I misunderstood you. I was checking the boneyard policy on side bets just in case you could be talked into a side bet about Jude making the WNBA. I hear more bad weather coming your way-stay safe.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Jewell finishes her degree, she can transfer to the school of her choice for grad school. Hello UConn!

(I'm kidding)
Yea but could she start for UCONN? How tall is she anyway? JK

Reaction Score
Got it I misunderstood you. I was checking the boneyard policy on side bets just in case you could be talked into a side bet about Jude making the WNBA. I hear more bad weather coming your way-stay safe.
She wouldn't have to be a starter with Seattle. Just sit on the bench and give Sue Bird a break now and then. And give the fans someone to cheer.

Reaction Score
I think ND will have a pretty good shot next year, to at least contend. They'll be adding more fire power than what will be taken away by graduation. I say Jewell stays another year knowing this and if the conversation arose I'm pretty sure Muffet will convince her to stay another year.
That poses an interesting discussion point of its own. I'm not saying if Loyd would be better off staying or going early, but shouldn't the coach provide input from the standpoint of what would be best for the player? I think one of the reasons so many NBA level players came to UCONN was because Calhoun would honestly discuss and evaluate this issue with them, always with the idea of what was in the best interest of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom