Interesting Tennessee factoid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Tennessee factoid

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Why would we talk this thread even if they ended the year ranked? I think the last Orange colored team is out of the tourney and we should talk the "Black Shirts", the crimson and black and whatever color the Trees are :confused:

The trees are usually, but not always green.

If by the trees you meant the basketball team sorry to be picky but this is the Internet :) — the tree is the mascot for the band not for the team. The team should be called the Cardinal (note the lack of an S, it's the color not the bird).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have been told more than a few times my sense of humor is lost on people more often than not. :rolleyes:
Nice save. :cool:

1973-1021-Rollie-Fingers-NLC_04128.jpg

Reaction Score
Tennessee played three of the final four and beat them all (split with MS).
Code:
Stanford   12/18/16   59-51
Miss St.    01/08/17  64-74 (loss)
So, Caro.  01/30/17 76-74
Miss St.   02/26/17 82-64
So UCONN must win the next two games or Tennessee will be able to say sheesh we would have beat UCONN for the national title. :rolleyes:
Can someone remind me when they were last in the Final Four?
If this is UCONN's 10th year in a row, hasn't it been 9 years?

Reaction Score
I feel the need to throw my 2 cents in on TN, specifically because of the hoopla going on down there regarding the McD's AA game this afternoon....

Of course, Lady Vol fans are wild with excitement about next year's prospects....

They have #1 recruiting class in nation.... and they deserve congratulations for that.... I think Jolette Law is their recruiter - in - Chief.... good job Jolette.... and Holly as well.

Projecting forward though, to all Tenn fans..... how can you expect to climb mountains with this group when you have done nothing with some pretty highly rated players..... MORE highly rated players, in fact, than the ones who are coming to Knoxville this fall....

Mercedes, Diamond, Nared, Massengale, Graves, Stricklen, Burdick..... and one or 2 others they were all top 6 talent IN NATION!!!! and of course no achievement past the "Elite 8"

IMO, the most important position in WCBB is HEAD COACH..... then after that it is PG (as long as your name is not Griner).... most else springs from activity (or lack thereof) from these two spots...... and by definition, there must be teaching and synergy between the HC and PG.... Holly's coaching mistakes and related incompetency are so obvious to me.... but i know many disagree with me.... How did she do with teaching Massengale? How did she do with Cooper? Cooper returns from injury this year.... the LV fans are calling for a banner performance from her.... i think forgetting she was not a superstar last year.....

I simply do not see Tenn gaining any traction with the same people in place who have been there the past few years..... Another Elite 8 would be a success for them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom