Interesting Stuff from Fat White Guy on Diaco and Alumni Relations | The Boneyard

Interesting Stuff from Fat White Guy on Diaco and Alumni Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom Up. Looks like he got a phone call from Uconn pretty quickly after his statements.
  1. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 2h2 hours ago
    Give credit where it's due: Long call with the program. Ownership of past issues. Hopeful it will improve
20.jpg

1. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago
    The Fat White Guy Retweeted The Fat White Guy

...I doubt the Ath. Dept has objectivity here. But either cut bait or double down. NO-HALF-MEASURES

The Fat White Guy added,
    The Fat White Guy @TheFatWhiteGuy
    A lot of people asking where I stand on Diaco and his continued tenure at UConn. Well...
  2. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago

I was at BC this weekend. It was embarrassing; a shell of the program from 2011. So either present a plan to win...

The Fat White Guy added,
    A lot of people asking where I stand on Diaco and his continued tenure at UConn. Well...

3. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago

One more year, if you can stomach it. Fire up the fans, the students, and take ownership of the product.

The Fat White Guy added,
  4. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago

A LOT of important alumni haven't been brought back in the fold. Told they aren't *his* guys. Too bad.

The Fat White Guy added,
  5. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago
    But, go 9-3 and it's all forgiven. Winning is a cure-all. 5 years ago there was a culture of winning that permeated the program

6. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago

Could do without the manufactured rivalries, the abysmal alumni relations, and lackluster on-field product

The Fat White Guy added,
  7. The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h4 hours ago

Reaction Score
Sure Cpt. Kangaroo.

Robert Lunn, former DT at UCONN in the Edsall years and blogger extraordinaire, organized a few dozen of his friends to go see a UConn v BC game at a convenient venue for him. He realized that the program is a complete joke right now, after witnessing it with his own eyes and started fielding questions about our lunatic head coach and the program on social media. He demonstrated that he hasn't been paying real close attention in his comments, and got a ego stroke shut up call from somebody in the Athletic Department that lasted 28 minutes.

Reaction Score
FWG is former UConn DT Rob Lunn - maybe this order makes it easier. He tweeted and appears to have gotten a call from UConn.

The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h 4 hours ago

Could do without the manufactured rivalries, the abysmal alumni relations, and lackluster on-field product

But, go 9-3 and it's all forgiven. Winning is a cure-all. 5 years ago there was a culture of winning that permeated the program

A LOT of important alumni haven't been brought back in the fold. Told they aren't *his* guys. Too bad.

One more year, if you can stomach it. Fire up the fans, the students, and take ownership of the product.

I was at BC this weekend. It was embarrassing; a shell of the program from 2011. So either present a plan to win...

...I doubt the Ath. Dept has objectivity here. But either cut bait or double down. NO-HALF-MEASURES

Give credit where it's due: Long call with the program. Ownership of past issues. Hopeful it will improve

20.jpg

Reaction Score
Can someone please summarize that gibberish?
Prepare to be disappointed Sunday, 1/1/17 and most likely up until Diaco wins 9 games next year.

That, and Matei Teo's girlfriend was real. Bob Diaco says that is true too.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
WOW.... Rob Lunn is throwing it down there. The lack of the use of, and public display of the big name, NFL alum of past teams is just rediculous IMO. Its how a school like UConn should grow football and some tradition. I thought Diaco got that if he did nothing here- I always thought he'd really embrace and bring some tradition to the program.

Reaction Score
WOW.... Rob Lunn is throwing it down there. The lack of the use of, and public display of the big name, NFL alum of past teams is just rediculous IMO. Its how a school like UConn should grow football and some tradition. I thought Diaco got that if he did nothing here- I always thought he'd really embrace and bring some tradition to the program.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed to hear he basically shut down alumni involvement. He obviously thought he could start tradition here from scratch. What a dope.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm pretty disappointed to hear he basically shut down alumni involvement. He obviously thought he could start tradition here from scratch. What a dope.

It's such a stupid move because even if you do start a winning tradition you're basically splintering your programs alumni. Bob was too stupid to realize that

Reaction Score
FWG is former UConn DT Rob Lunn - maybe this order makes it easier. He tweeted and appears to have gotten a call from UConn.

The Fat White Guy ‏@TheFatWhiteGuy 4h 4 hours ago

View attachment 17055
This order absolutely makes more sense. I can see where there may be some confusion.

Reaction Score
Along those lines, one thing I did notice. The years leading up to when some of Edsall's guys were still in the program after he was gone, you could see some pretty vocal on twitter supporting former teammates and non-teammates but current players of the program. The past two to three years, I have seen less and less of that. It amazes me that Diaco would keep these important figures away from the program.

Part of my theory is, when he got to UConn (Diaco) as we have heard he deemed the culture so bad it needed to be torn down and that to him also meant keep all those previously involved locked out. The culture starts from the top. But support of past alum and current NFL players that passed through the same program representing the same name and University is even more important. Anyone in business today can tell you networking is important. If any successful alumni in contact with the current players in the program, can help in any way, why not let them? Off-season training programs, life skills, camaraderie, etc. ANYTHING. In my mind it can't hurt.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I always thought he'd really embrace and bring some tradition to the program.

But we don't have any tradition, according to Bob.

Just like we can't throw the ball, can't put up big scores, can't play tighter coverage, can't get elite athletes, can't get faster players.

In Bob Diaco's mind, its always about what UConn can't do.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we can all agree that year one was a gimme, we hated it but were willing to embrace change. Year two barely, by the slightest of margins met expectations for progress. This year was a complete disaster. You can, if you squint hard enough, grit your teeth and say there were some setbacks and hope to reach the year 4 goal of competing for a conference championship.

Unfortunately, and this is where and why a change has to be made, there is no indication that anything but more of the same (gulp, or worse) is in the offing next season. If it were, we would have seen it already. So, while the administration may not be willing to bite the $5M bullet, they have to know this is going nowhere and if next season doesn't come out of the gate really fast, then it could all be over. I feel like PP deserved year 4 more than DB does. And I didn't think PP deserved year 4.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Gee, I wonder if the lack of engagement of former program alumni has anything to do with his pathetic recruiting results? Alienate all the former program alumni...what a good idea, Coach Fiasco! Let's kick everybody from the past that might be willing and able to promote the UCONN brand to the curb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Along those lines, one thing I did notice. The years leading up to when some of Edsall's guys were still in the program after he was gone, you could see some pretty vocal on twitter supporting former teammates and non-teammates but current players of the program. The past two to three years, I have seen less and less of that. It amazes me that Diaco would keep these important figures away from the program.

Part of my theory is, when he got to UConn (Diaco) as we have heard he deemed the culture so bad it needed to be torn down and that to him also meant keep all those previously involved locked out. The culture starts from the top. But support of past alum and current NFL players that passed through the same program representing the same name and University is even more important. Anyone in business today can tell you networking is important. If any successful alumni in contact with the current players in the program, can help in any way, why not let them? Off-season training programs, life skills, camaraderie, etc. ANYTHING. In my mind it can't hurt.

Your theory is 500 words too long.

He's insecure. That's why his staff is terrible and is so incestuous. It's why he locked everyone out from the past. It's why he lies about things like having no idea what the attendance is. It's why he spews nonsense like Williams has the highest upside at QB in the country.

Reaction Score
Sure Cpt. Kangaroo.

Robert Lunn, former DT at UCONN in the Edsall years and blogger extraordinaire, organized a few dozen of his friends to go see a UConn v BC game at a convenient venue for him. He realized that the program is a complete joke right now, after witnessing it with his own eyes and started fielding questions about our lunatic head coach and the program on social media. He demonstrated that he hasn't been paying real close attention in his comments, and got a ego stroke shut up call from somebody in the Athletic Department that lasted 28 minutes.

Sounds like your upset with Lunn. Why?

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear Andy Blalock's version/take before diving head first into this... There have been alumni events w/ details and pictures posted in recent past. Curious as to what year(s) the support bifurcates?

I have a good friend who played during early Edsall years and from everything I have heard and seen, Coach Diaco reached out to alumni from those years, so I am a little surprised at Lunn's take.

Reaction Score
If I'm understanding FWG correctly, he's suggesting that the fans forget about all the B.S. they've heard this season and get fired up by Diaco. That is not happening and will manifest itself in a steep decline in season ticket sales.

Reaction Score
I have a good friend who played during early Edsall years and from everything I have heard and seen, Coach Diaco reached out to alumni from those years, so I am a little surprised at Lunn's take.
I agree with this...my friends played for Jackson and Holtz and have also been welcomed into the program by Diaco...Pasqualoni not so much. I know he wanted nothing to do with Edsall's kids or any other alumni for that matter.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not reaching out to former players is asinine to say the least. The program had a good history and put a number of players in the NFL and CFL.
Bob reach out and suck up your pride and bring the players back into the fold. Time to right at least one wrong with everything else going on with the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom