Interesting stats in the game last night. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting stats in the game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good lord, it was a joke...not a statement on anyone's policies. I guess sense of humor is not everyone's strength.
My fault - didn't pick up on the joke--since Palin has been trashed quite a bit over the years.
I owe you one.

Reaction Score
I think too much on here is being over-emphasized on Jones vs Butler. Yes Butler would help. Yes Butler would help. With that said - can we all recall how easy we were scoring in our hi-low sets and how bad we played in the 1st half with turnovers and getting outhustled beaten down the flooor? Hwo much is Butler helping with that? Maybe pace? And do we really know how well Butler can score?

In the 2nd half we shot 50% from the floor got 18 free throws and has 11 assists vs 1 turnover. They couldn't stop us. What makes one think vs a top tier like Md that Butler is automatically a very efficient player near the inside efficiency of Stewie and Tuck. Butler did play vs Big East. But Big East is very different than "Maryland." And what happens now to our transition defense? And I don't agree with those that think Stewie is better off defending the perimeter. Nor do I think Tuck is better guarding the perimeter.

I think the strength of Butler would be her physicality in bursts giving Stewie and especially Tuck a bit more rest. Which could overall help when Tuck and Stewie have to "re-fight" the opposition posts. IMO Butler is a nice filler at the moment until we see what she can do vs the elite teams. She hasn't played in a long time.

And I would like to remind - weeks ago many were lamenting about the 3pt defense. Which by the way wasn't good in 2nd half. Now it's the post play (last year recall all the worries about having to face USC and Duke. Geno talking about Stokes- Stokes didn't even play vs USC - though she was huge in other games)? And our 3 pt shooting hasn't been that good. We're dooooommmmmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I think too much on here is being over-emphasized on Jones vs Butler. Yes Butler would help. Yes Butler would help. With that said - can we all recall how easy we were scoring in our hi-low sets and how bad we played in the 1st half with turnovers and getting outhustled beaten down the flooor? Hwo much is Butler helping with that? Maybe pace? And do we really know how well Butler can score?

In the 2nd half we shot 50% from the floor got 18 free throws and has 11 assists vs 1 turnover. They couldn't stop us. What makes one think vs a top tier like Md that Butler is automatically a very efficient player near the inside efficiency of Stewie and Tuck. Butler did play vs Big East. But Big East is very different than "Maryland." And what happens now to our transition defense? And I don't agree with those that think Stewie is better off defending the perimeter. Nor do I think Tuck is better guarding the perimeter.

I think the strength of Butler would be her physicality in bursts giving Stewie and especially Tuck a bit more rest. Which could overall help when Tuck and Stewie have to "re-fight" the opposition posts. IMO Butler is a nice filler at the moment until we see what she can do vs the elite teams. She hasn't played in a long time.

And I would like to remind - weeks ago many were lamenting about the 3pt defense. Which by the way wasn't good in 2nd half. Now it's the post play (last year recall all the worries about having to face USC and Duke. Geno talking about Stokes- Stokes didn't even play vs USC - though she was huge in other games)? And our 3 pt shooting hasn't been that good. We're dooooommmmmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little tired of people commenting about how Inferior Butler's experience at Georgetown was compared to UCONN and the teams we play. It sounds like the same comments I heard about MD's inferior OOC games this year and therefore UCONN would win by at least 20+ because our schedule was so much more difficult. Oops!

Reaction Score
I am a little tired of people commenting about how Inferior Butler's experience at Georgetown was compared to UCONN and the teams we play. It sounds like the same comments I heard about MD's inferior OOC games this year and therefore UCONN would win by at least 20+ because our schedule was so much more difficult. Oops!

I don't agree with your analogy. You realize some of MD players have been to the final four, right? Doesn't that MEAN something? How is that similar to the 8 or 9 games this and comparing that to Butler and GTOWN? You just want to ifnore MD's past final fours and their experience? Nor do I think just because a player played well in the Big East it means she can play well vs elite competition especially her first go-at-it. Shoot me for being "cautious" in this case. I wonder if because she puts on the UCONN jersey then ofc she must be good enough the moment she steps on the court? IS that what we ALL must assume? Stewie, Tuck MoJeff don't really struggle that much anymore. But Butler - she won't AT ALL this year vs elite competition?

For years when we were in the Big East and it was the tops in all of basketball we would not shy away from talking about the power of our conference/teams and the great competition etc. Now all of a sudden that no longer matters? Isn't it possible that Maryland "is the real deal" and maybe Butler MIGHT struggle after 1.5 to 2 years of not playing? Or do we all have to wear the UCONN BLUE & WHITE goggles 24/7 and ofc assume she would do well vs a definite junior (upperclassmen) all-american that has been to the final four?

Do you see what I am getting at? There is just this assumption - put Butler in- that will stop things. In' hoop more than a simple plug-in? And can't a player affect how a five-unit team can play? Whether it be fast? Or whether it be perimeter or guard oriented etc?

Reaction Score
I don't agree with your analogy. You realize some of MD players have been to the final four, right? Doesn't that MEAN something? How is that similar to the 8 or 9 games this and comparing that to Butler and GTOWN? You just want to ifnore MD's past final fours and their experience? Nor do I think just because a player played well in the Big East it means she can play well vs elite competition especially her first go-at-it. Shoot me for being "cautious" in this case. I wonder if because she puts on the UCONN jersey then ofc she must be good enough the moment she steps on the court? IS that what we ALL must assume? Stewie, Tuck MoJeff don't really struggle that much anymore. But Butler - she won't AT ALL this year vs elite competition?

For years when we were in the Big East and it was the tops in all of basketball we would not shy away from talking about the power of our conference/teams and the great competition etc. Now all of a sudden that no longer matters? Isn't it possible that Maryland "is the real deal" and maybe Butler MIGHT struggle after 1.5 to 2 years of not playing? Or do we all have to wear the UCONN BLUE & WHITE goggles 24/7 and ofc assume she would do well vs a definite junior (upperclassmen) all-american that has been to the final four?

Do you see what I am getting at? There is just this assumption - put Butler in- that will stop things. In' hoop more than a simple plug-in? And can't a player affect how a five-unit team can play? Whether it be fast? Or whether it be perimeter or guard oriented etc?

Don't over analyze my post. It's rather simple. Go back and read a lot of the posts pre Md game. Also I never said Butler stops everything. Liken up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom