Interesting Stat on FT Shooting | The Boneyard

Interesting Stat on FT Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing that really bothered me about the Syracuse game was how many times they went to the FT line. I went back and checked the box scores of the previous four games UConn played and what I saw on free throw shooting kind of jumped out at me. Our opponents have attempted more free throws than us in every game except Maine. The Cuse game was the largest as far as the free throw discrepancy goes with Cuse attempting 39 and UConn 21. The other games were Michigan 20 -UConn 16, Furman 13 -UConn 8, and New Hampshire 18- UConn 16. I think this team obviously needs to do a better job getting to the line and learn how to play defense with committing fouls. This could put us in a bad position in games going forward.

Reaction Score
We play a lot of tough man to man D. Our opponents have played a lot of zone.

When our guards drive into the line, they don't attempt to finish over someone in traffic, they lob to a big.

We commit a lot of fouls rebounding and challenging shots at the rim, because our guards funnel drives into our bigs and then someone has to rotate over late to box out the miss.

C

Chief00

Calhoun teams used the same funneling concept and usually had large rebounding advantages over their opponents. It's about personnel and the lack of development of our Bigs. It's something I have been harping on for some time. When among your leading rebounders the last couple of years are 5-10 guards, a 6-7 point forward but not enough 4's or 5's it's a problem that needs fixing.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The NCAA freedom of movement rules may soon make man to man obsolete.
It is almost impossible to play man to man without any contact and since all contact can be called, teams will soon be playing more zone.
We keep talking about lack of development of our bigs. The fact is none of our bigs were considered 4/5 star recruits by anyone who knows anything. They are all projects.
Enoch has the most upside and he is raw.
We force the ball way too much into Brimah and he can not catch in a crowd and often is not looking for the pass. The lob needs to be used to keep defenses honest not as main weapon. Miller may be a little short for his position. Facey has added a little muscle but still seems to have a hard time finishing at the rim. Nolan is Nolan. The simple fact is that the Syracuse freshman outplayed all of our bigs and we lost.

Reaction Score
I think Cuse went to the line on like 8 straight possesions

Reaction Score
I think Cuse went to the line on like 8 straight possesions

There were lots of touch fouls which the new rules seem to favor. But the other team isn't "touching" as much as us? On one play yesterday Lydon had 2 separate occasions he could have been whistled for a foul and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom