Interesting results in Final 4 Tourney Team Vote | The Boneyard

Interesting results in Final 4 Tourney Team Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
"Sims and Williams joined Griner on the all-tournament team, along with Notre Dame's Diggins and Stanford's Nneka Ogwumike."

My question is - Does this encompass the entire Tournament , or just the Final Four?

Because Nneka certainly had no better a line than Stef:

Stanford: N. Ogwumike 22 Pts, 9 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Blk 37 min.
Connecticut: S. Dolson 20 Pts, 9 Reb, 1 Ast, 4 Blk 34 min.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That seems off. UConn took ND to OT, and they don't vote any of the players on the team?

Reaction Score
"Sims and Williams joined Griner on the all-tournament team, along with Notre Dame's Diggins and Stanford's Nneka Ogwumike."

My question is - Does this encompass the entire Tournament , or just the Final Four?

Because Nneka certainly had no better a line than Stef:

Stanford: N. Ogwumike 22 Pts, 9 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Blk 37 min.
Connecticut: S. Dolson 20 Pts, 9 Reb, 1 Ast, 4 Blk 34 min.

Steph didn't play Griner.

Reaction Score
I thought they usually placed at least one player from each FF team? I wanted to hear the announcement, but it was much more important for Wingnut & Co. to continue their raging over BG:rolleyes:
Stef or Bria should have made the all-FF team

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Steph didn't play Griner.

No, but another argument might be that she got her team closer to the championship game than Nneka did. They generally just go by stats with these awards and not these other secondary arguments. I think it probably had more with giving the nod to the "AA".
I'm sure only us fans really care. Probably Nneka and Stefanie would rather have been playing tonight rather than be on any Tourney Team. :)

Reaction Score
No, but another argument might be that she got her team closer to the championship game than Nneka did. They generally just go by stats with these awards and not these other secondary arguments. I think it probably had more with giving the nod to the "AA".
I'm sure only us fans really care. Probably Nneka and Stefanie would rather have been playing tonight rather than be on any Tourney Team. :)

Stanford played tougher vs. Baylor than ND and held Griner to 13 pts and only 3 FGs. Nneka outplayed Griner with 22 pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom