interesting read on gibbs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

interesting read on gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Gibbs is coming here, he needs to get acclimated quickly... He's one and done... so we need to start setting up plays for him and build a rapport quickly.. He's one and done here...at an extremely delicate/important spot on our squad (our backcourt).. It's not as pressing if a 3,4, or 5 man came in for 1 year, but our backcourt is different story..

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
That's not what I'm saying.:rolleyes:
What are you saying, then? I'd think UConn has a good chance at a deep tourney run with Sterling on board. What better way to showcase for the NBA?

Reaction Score
Hooper, do you expect him to be the man on next year's team? I would expect that to be Purvis or Hamilton (or both). He's not putting up close to the 17 pp. on this team. This team doesn't need him to.
I would not expect him to be the leading scorer but I would expect him to score low teens and shoot a good percentage, especially from three. And if he does that and UConn wins a lot I think that does him more good than going to a lesser team and putting up a lot of shots and scoring a lot of points.

Reaction Score
yeah, Uconn has an awful history of sending guards to the league.
He's talking about showcasing himself, hence "tryout." And with Purvis, Jalen and DHam around, he definitely will not be in the spotlight like he would be a t many other schools

Reaction Score
He's talking about showcasing himself, hence "tryout." And with Purvis, Jalen and DHam around, he definitely will not be in the spotlight like he would be a t many other schools

You guys are on drugs. Gibbs was better last year than any player we currently have on roster. Yeah, maybe Purvis or Hamilton would actually be the leading scorer, but Gibbs is going to put up numbers on this team.

Reaction Score
I would not expect him to be the leading scorer but I would expect him to score low teens and shoot a good percentage, especially from three. And if he does that and UConn wins a lot I think that does him more good than going to a lesser team and putting up a lot of shots and scoring a lot of points.
It wouldn't surprise me if he was the leading score, but I'd certainly expect a balanced scoring attack with Gibbs in the fold. Add him to a lineup with Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah, and Adams, and UConn will have a much longer list of guys who can score double figures on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
You guys are on drugs. Gibbs was better last year than any player we currently have on roster. Yeah, maybe Purvis or Hamilton would actually be the leading scorer, but Gibbs is going to put up numbers on this team.
Chill on the "you guys." I'm simply clarifying/expounding what someone else said. All dude is saying is that Gibbs will not be the one and only guy like say a Heron would have been at Pitt.

I actually agree that he should come here regardless because of the NBA style offenses KO runs.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if he was the leading score, but I'd certainly expect a balanced scoring attack with Gibbs in the fold. Add him to a lineup with Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah, and Adams, and UConn will have a much longer list of guys who can score double figures on a regular basis.
Miller will definitely be one of those capable guys as well.

Reaction Score
You mean I won't have to watch game after game where the team struggles to score in the 60s? Hallelujah!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hard to score in the 60s with six guys in double digits.
We really should have a lot of double digit guys next year.

Reaction Score

That's what I see, to a degree. He might not even score in low teens on this team.

Still not sure of the second part. He's a shooting, scoring point guard. More of a combo guard. Small two guard even. Our team needs more of the intangibles he brings, as well as ball handling and his shooting, particularly from three. If he comes in with the right mindset to be a leader and make others better, without upsetting chemistry, that's what the team needs. I don't see that helping his NBA chances, though. Unless we win a 5th. As Edward Sargent mentioned his brother was a point, but played like as undersized two guard, and didn't come close to the NBA.

Reaction Score

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Someone get's it. Thank you, Rocktheworld.

Just when you thought the Boneyard couldn't get any dumber:rolleyes:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gibbs is a better scorer than anyone here. Nobody kid themselves.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Maybe you mean Gibbs as a redshirt Junior was better than DHam as a freshman? Otherwise, I disagree.

Reaction Score
I think we'd have to be a little bit naïve to think that making the NBA is not the primary goal of most of the players on our team.

If Gibbs wanted to take 20 shots per game, he would have stayed at Seton Hall. Clearly, he's looking to expand his game under the tutelage of Kevin Ollie, and even if his number one goal is to make it to the league, he is going to do so under the parameters established by Ollie.

Scouts aren't dumb. If they think you're out there only for yourself, they'll take that into account. In all likelihood, Gibbs' NBA aspirations will be tied directly to team success, so I don't think we have anything to worry about here.

Reaction Score
But if he wants to make the league, it'll be as a PG. He's going to have to show that he can facilitate for others at a high level - it's his only way into the league.

I'm sure that will be made clear to him.

Reaction Score
Hamilton shot 38% from the floor last year. He's very talented, but Gibbs is a better scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom