interesting read on gibbs | The Boneyard

interesting read on gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree, I wish we had a summary thread, where you can only post relevant information (if this exists already please let me know). Don't get me wrong I love the bantering within each thread, but I'd rather not sift through 100 messages to find out the latest on Gibbs.

Reaction Score
Yeah, such a thread would have to be locked, only for reading approved snippets.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The Temple quoted in the article is Sterling's father. Temple Jr. already committed to Notre Dame.
Thanks for the correction. I did not know that Dad's name was Temple and I thought Jr had settled on ND

Reaction Score
He did. Sterling didn't go on the visit with him. ND isn't on his final list - not an option.

Reaction Score
I can't help but feel if Gibbs wants a one year tryout for the NBA, than UConn is not a good fit for him.
Why? I think if he wants to get more notoriety he needs to be on a good team and have a good season. I think UConn could be pretty good next season. It's better for his future than if he went to a lesser team and scored 20 ppg.

Reaction Score
I can't help but feel if he has any chance at a sniff with the NBA its with UCONN

Normally, I would agree. I think he fits several needs with this team. Experience, ball handling, and three point shooting. I wouldn't expect him to be the best player on next year's team, would you? That's probably what he's looking for.

Reaction Score
Why? I think if he wants to get more notoriety he needs to be on a good team and have a good season. I think UConn could be pretty good next season. It's better for his future than if he went to a lesser team and scored 20 ppg.

Hooper, do you expect him to be the man on next year's team? I would expect that to be Purvis or Hamilton (or both). He's not putting up close to the 17 pp. on this team. This team doesn't need him to.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Normally, I would agree. I think he fits several needs with this team. Experience, ball handling, and three point shooting. I wouldn't expect him to be the best player on next year's team, would you? That's probably what he's looking for.
No but the NBA isn't looking for him to be the best player on the team necessarily but whether he has what it takes to manage a team of players some better, and some equally or maybe not as good as him and lead them to the tournament. He has already demonstrated he can be the best player on a BE team. So did his brother Ashton and that did not get him a sniff by the NBA. Ashton was a great shooter and torched us but wasn't considered by the league. Sterling doesn't want to follow that path and a grad year at UCONN making other players better and with KO's contacts in the league he has a legit shot.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
To me the biggest issue will be if he can put the team first and build a positive connection with teammates in a relatively short amount of time. I would expect KO to do a great job in helping to make that happen, but you can lead a horse to water... No guarantee of how the guys would come together. Both Rodney and Daniel would need to really welcome him and Rodney has been great with reaching out to new Huskies.

Hope we get to see it play out. Oh, to have another really good 3 point shooter and ball handler!

Reaction Score
To me the biggest issue will be if he can put the team first and build a positive connection with teammates in a relatively short amount of time. I would expect KO to do a great job in helping to make that happen, but you can lead a horse to water... No guarantee of how the guys would come together. Both Rodney and Daniel would need to really welcome him and Rodney has been great with reaching out to new Huskies.

Hope we get to see it play out. Oh, to have another really good 3 point shooter and ball handler!
I have watched Gibbs play quite a bit and I can't think of any coach on this planet who could help maximize his potential than KO. There will be some overlap on the court between him and RP but he will clearly open things up for DHam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom