Interesting Quote on CBS Sports Article. | The Boneyard

Interesting Quote on CBS Sports Article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Everybody likes the idea of being in a conference with Connecticut, Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple, but what happens when Connecticut and Cincinnati leave one day?" said a source from one of the nonfootball playing schools. "It's not like this is over. Eventually, Connecticut and Cincinnati would be gone, too. So I think the opinion from our side is to just move on. And I think we're just tired of it. That's the bottom line. We're just tired of this because none of this is helping us."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...l/21389753/sources-big-east-expected-to-split

well i don't know what to make of this. We're attractive to those who ditching us because we want to leave and we're unattractive to those ignoring us because we want to leave. The Middle is the worst place in the world.

Atleast someone is still positive and stating we will EVENTUALLY be gone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
None of it has really hurt them either. Not to the extent its hurt the FB schools. The BBonlies, a PiTA to the very end.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

U

UConn9604

"Everybody likes the idea of being in a conference with Connecticut, Cincinnati, Memphis and Temple, but what happens when Connecticut and Cincinnati leave one day?" said a source from one of the nonfootball playing schools. "It's not like this is over. Eventually, Connecticut and Cincinnati would be gone, too. So I think the opinion from our side is to just move on. And I think we're just tired of it. That's the bottom line. We're just tired of this because none of this is helping us."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...l/21389753/sources-big-east-expected-to-split

well i don't know what to make of this. We're attractive to those who ditching us because we want to leave and we're unattractive to those ignoring us because we want to leave. The Middle is the worst place in the world.

Atleast someone is still positive and stating we will EVENTUALLY be gone.

We are too ugly for the cute ones and too cute for the ugly ones. Guys like that spend a lot of nights solo.

Reaction Score
We will be fine. Unless you think the B10, ACC, B12 and SEC are done adding teams just about every potential scenario leaves Uconn in a better place. If B12 takes FSU and Miami or Clemson ACC takes Uconn. If SEC takes UNC, VaTech, ACC takes Uconn. If UNC, VaTech, Clemson and FSU leave the ACC is still a better place to be. If B10 takes VA and GTech Uconn is in the ACC...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We will be fine. Unless you think the B10, ACC, B12 and SEC are done adding teams just about every potential scenario leaves Uconn in a better place. If B12 takes FSU and Miami or Clemson ACC takes Uconn. If SEC takes UNC, VaTech, ACC takes Uconn. If UNC, VaTech, Clemson and FSU leave the ACC is still a better place to be. If B10 takes VA and GTech Uconn is in the ACC...

And what happens when this doesn't happen for 3-4 years. Who passes UConn in the pecking order then? Sorry but the only place to go is down from here in quality. Who wants to play bball for a team who's biggest game is Temple or Cincy and plays their conference tourney either on campus or at the XL center? This is just a horrible day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Agreed but to me the damage is done to the huskies by how long this process takes. The disparity in payouts really unevens the playing field. If this is a decade long process to get to 16 who knows how attractive our team looks when the time comes the acc needs us.

Reaction Score

That's a nice thought, but one of these scenarios needs to happen soon. The reality is UConn is facing entry into athletic purgatory. The longer we remain in limbo, the more our athletic program will start to decay. If the next steps are only a couple of weeks away, we'll be fine. If we're talking about 1, 2, 3, or 5 years down the road, it could be a whole different story.

If you're KO or PP going out on the recruiting trail right now, how would you respond to every other coach who is telling a sought after recruit that UConn does not, and will not have a home in a relevant athletic conference? Three years from now, who knows what other mid-major programs might be competing with UConn for a spot in the ACC.

U

UConn9604

In theory, I agree with this 100%. In practice, however, this is killing me.

caw

Reaction Score
And what happens when this doesn't happen for 3-4 years. Who passes UConn in the pecking order then? Sorry but the only place to go is down from here in quality. Who wants to play bball for a team who's biggest game is Temple or Cincy and plays their conference tourney either on campus or at the XL center? This is just a horrible day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

North Florida
Samford
VCU
Minnesota
Northern Iowa
Tennessee-Martin
Ohio
Austin Peay
Louisville
Lipscomb
Oral Roberts
Loyola
Tennessee
ECU
Tulsa
SMU
Southern Miss
UCF
Marshall
Houston
Southern Miss
Xavier
UCF
UTEP
UAB

Top 100 recruits for next year: #13, #29, #31, #93 4/5 are top 100
Top 100 recruits this year: #31, 1/3 are top 100, 1 was a JC
Top 100 recruits the year before: #9, 1/2 are top 100, 1 was a JC
Top 100 recruits the year before that: #8, #21, #44, #59

I see 6 top 100 recruits that signed up for this years schedule on that team and 4 more that signed up knowing what this current year's schedule was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom