Interesting question I was just asked | The Boneyard

Interesting question I was just asked

Reaction Score
If Gilbert was healthy and played the full season, does Ollie still have his job?

Reaction Score
I think Gilbert’s going to be a really good player if he can ever stay healthy, but some people on this board are vastly overrating how much of impact he would have made.

This team was so bad at all aspects of basketball. A quality point guard would help, but it wouldn’t magically fix everything.

Reaction Score
I think Gilbert’s going to be a really good player if he can ever stay healthy, but some people on this board are vastly overrating how much of impact he would have made.

This team was so bad at all aspects of basketball. A quality point guard would help, but it wouldn’t magically fix everything.

As fans, we see the UConn jersey and want to believe the players are better than they actually are. It's only natural to think that way, but it just isn't reality.

Reaction Score
It’s not just the losses we suffered. We were taken to the wire by Colgate, Columbia, Monmouth, ECU....that should not happen with the kids we had on the roster. We got blown out more than a handful of times and generally looked unprepared for most of the season. That is all on the head coach. AG is a fine player but he would not have cured those ills

Reaction Score
I think the 30 point losses would be 15 point losses with Gilbert. In his short UCONN career he’s a 22% 3 point shooter. I hope he shoots 30%. Actually I hope he even plays.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

That is true. Teams got smart, they knew Adams is a terror in the lanes. So,they closed it up. Jalen did have many shots swatted this year. Probably the same results with AG. Plus our outside shooting was up and down.
Nothing against AG, but many in here including myself cannot get past the not one injury, but two. He comes back healthy it's extra icing on the cake.

Reaction Score
Do you think Gilbert is worth 6-8 wins? I sure dont.
No way. This is the win share top 20 from last year. No way Al Tarique (that's what Oz calls him) is worth 6 wins

Win Shares
1. Nigel Williams-GossGonzaga 8.1
2. Semi Ojeleye SMU 7.7
3. Josh Hart Villanova 7.7
4. Frank Mason Kansas 7.5
5. Sindarius Thornwell South Carolina 7.2
6. Luke Kennard Duke 7.2
7. Derrick Walton Michigan 7.1
8. Bonzie Colson Notre Dame 7.0
9. Jock Landale Saint Mary's (CA) 6.9
10. Lonzo Ball UCLA 6.8
11. Lauri Markkanen Arizona 6.7
12. Mike Daum South Dakota State 6.7
13. Monte Morris Iowa State 6.5
14. Ethan Happ Wisconsin 6.4
15. Caleb Swanigan Purdue 6.4
16. Jevon Carter West Virginia 6.3
17. John Konchar IPFW 6.3
18. Brandon Goodwin Florida Gulf Coast 6.3
19. Jacob Wiley Eastern Washington 6.3
20. Jordan Bell Oregon 6.2

Reaction Score
It's a legitimate question.

I think it's safe to say Gilbert would've averaged 12-16 ppg, arguably 2nd on the team in that category.

The team was lacking another go to scorer who could create for themselves.

Hopefully Gilbert isn't looking at himself in the mirror blaming himself for Ollie's firing.

Reaction Score
It's a legitimate question.

I think it's safe to say Gilbert would've averaged 12-16 ppg, arguably 2nd on the team in that category.

The team was lacking another go to scorer who could create for themselves.

Hopefully Gilbert isn't looking at himself in the mirror blaming himself for Ollie's firing.
Lol, why in the world would he be blaming himself?

Also, Gilbert’s only scored 16 points once in his career, so I’m not sure it’s safe to assume he’d be in the 12-16 ppg range.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert was healthy and played the full season, does Ollie still have his job?
The team struggled, even with Gilbert on the floor. Still had no inside presence at all and the 3 pt shooting was poor at best.

Reaction Score
I would laugh every time this season one of the analysts would say "well UConn has suffered injuries" and then bring Gilbert up. The way they made it sound is like we lost Kemba or Bazz for the year.

I don't know about anyone else but I still don't know what Gilbert is yet at the college level.

Is he going to be great? Don't know. Need to seea lot more of him.

I agree our lineup would have been better with him. Just by Anderson not playing as much that would have happened. But I don't know if he would have saved us from what happened.

First can Gilbert get through a season healthy is the first hurdle.

Going forward if I was the new staff I wouldn't count on him. And when or if he can play than it will be a bonus.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's not like we've ever seen this team play with Gilbert.

What is wrong with you people sometimes? The team was bad with him and bad without him.

At best, one or two games may have tipped in our favor but I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Lol, why in the world would he be blaming himself?

Also, Gilbert’s only scored 16 points once in his career, so I’m not sure it’s safe to assume he’d be in the 12-16 ppg range.

So you're saying if Gilbert played this season it isn't a given he would average 12-16 ppg? But somehow Vital does it??

Hard to say how everyone's stats would be effected entering him in the rotation, but c'mon, kid's a HS All-American.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom