Interesting NIL Possibility | The Boneyard

Interesting NIL Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know UConn has had basketball cards before but don't believe they've done something like this.
I love the idea. Would anyone else be interested?

Saw the following ad on Facebook.

JUST DROPPED Limited Run: Tennessee Men's Basketball Officially Licensed NIL Trading Cards ! Get a guaranteed autograph!
Each Pack of Tennessee Volunteer Men's Basketball 2024 trading contains 14 cards - collect the whole set!
Autographs can be found inside 1 of every 10 packs!
Be on the hunt for numbered autographs and other rare inserts and parallels.
Stand with our stars: 60% of profit directly benefits players through name, image, and likeness payments.

Tennessee Cards
1707526493973.png
1707526493973.png

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I saw UConn cards somewhere last year but I’m not sure they were autographed. These might do well if they are from a reputable company and hold value. Need to make them extremely limited though.

Reaction Score
I know UConn has had basketball cards before but don't believe they've done something like this.

JUST DROPPED Limited Run: Tennessee Men's Basketball Officially Licensed NIL Trading Cards ! Get a guaranteed autograph!
Each Pack of Tennessee Volunteer Men's Basketball 2024 trading contains 14 cards - collect the whole set!
Stand with our stars: 60% of profit directly benefits players through name, image, and likeness payments.

Tennessee Cards
View attachment 96250 View attachment 96250
I am down for UConn trading cards. Write this to the proper people at UConn or else I will and tell them I found it and that it was my idea :p.

BTW, your avatar is my favorite out of all BoneYard era.

Reaction Score
I wish I were 12 again. I would've gone nuts if they sold college bball cards.
How would trades go??
Ill give you a Todd Day Freshman card for your Malcolm Mackey error.

Reaction Score
I am down for UConn trading cards. Write this to the proper people at UConn or else I will and tell them I found it and that it was my idea :p.

BTW, your avatar is my favorite out of all BoneYard era.
Tweeted it to AD Dave this morning because I forgot how active he was on Twitter, couldn't message because I'm not verified. I asked a friend that is a graphic artist to make an avatar for me while we were rolling last year since I have no creative skill, I said we were steamrolling the competition and he came up with that.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My kid has been getting into trading cards now after I spent my allowance on packs and boxes of cards years ago in my youth (shout out Ray’s Card Corner in Seymour! Lol). Cards are really nice (and not cheap) now and have crazy stuff attached to them. My son bought a Trevor Zegras hockey card last week that had a piece of his game used jersey attached.

I’d be 100% in for UConn NIL cards...for my kid of course. Missed last year’s version. I’m not sure exactly what they are but a quick EBay search shows a few versions of Stephon Castle cards made by Bowman.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I wish I were 12 again. I would've gone nuts if they sold college bball cards.
How would trades go??
Ill give you a Todd Day Freshman card for your Malcolm Mackey error.
They actually did years ago in the early 90’s. Forget who made them but Shaq’s card was the pick of the litter at the time. Ironically I’m pretty sure I did have a Todd Day card and I seem to remember repeatedly getting Tom Gugliotta in every pack. Lol

Reaction Score
My kid has been getting into trading cards now after I spent my allowance on packs and boxes of cards years ago in my youth (shout out Ray’s Card Corner in Seymour! Lol). Cards are really nice (and not cheap) now and have crazy stuff attached to them. My son bought a Trevor Zegras hockey card last week that had a piece of his game used jersey attached.

I’d be 100% in for UConn NIL cards...for my kid of course. Missed last year’s version. I’m not sure exactly what they are but a quick EBay search shows a few versions of Stephon Castle cards made by Bowman.
Yeah Topps has the Bowman U cards, the most recent year has Steph, Solo, Paige and Aaliyah and I think autographs are available from all 4.

I recently got into the cards as a little way to collect our pantheon of NBA greats and NBA… guys who were there for a minute. It’s cool that you can get some pretty unique rare cards from some of our barely drafted guys at dirt cheap prices. Not a lot of people looking for the rarest of rare Tyrese Martin cards for example

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Would be great if they could put together card sets of past teams; maybe a delux set with each of the 5 (6 ) Natty teams. The signed version in one out of every ten sets is smart as interested consumers will buy multiple sets looking to get the signatures.

Reaction Score

Tennessee Cards
View attachment 96250 View attachment 96250
The players Trunk came out with a set last year that was fantastic..
Complete set ..
Autographed stuff honestly keep seperate

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
They had these last season (and I bought some autographed ones) but doesn't look like they did it for this season for whatever reason...

Reaction Score
They actually did years ago in the early 90’s. Forget who made them but Shaq’s card was the pick of the litter at the time. Ironically I’m pretty sure I did have a Todd Day card and I seem to remember repeatedly getting Tom Gugliotta in every pack. Lol
Didn't classic 4 sport make college cards in the early nineties?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
IMG_9772.jpeg

I also designed these myself last offseason because I thought it would be cool to have some holographic / patch insert cards but couldn’t figure out how to make these at a cost that would be attainable for consumers and profitable for players…

Reaction Score
I never heard back from AD Dave on Twitter but I'm not verified so could not message directly. Feel free to send him a message if you can, seems like twitter (X) is his preferred platform. Ever since I posted that my feed has blown up with cards from so many different schools. I somehow missed last years for us.

Reaction Score

Just got targeted (successfully) for this which says releases on March 8.
The Uconn version, has Spencer on the box. The checklist they link to shows Auburn so not sure who is included, but I assume almost all players as you get 84 cards in a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom