Interesting news for Kia Nurse (and Asia Durr) fans.... | The Boneyard

Interesting news for Kia Nurse (and Asia Durr) fans....

Reaction Score
I've been a fan of Kia's since she first put on a UCONN uniform. A number of us (maybe many) on the BY always saw something special in her, while others tended to focus on her weaknesses as a college player while lauding others who were more offense-minded. Still, it's interesting that she and Asia Durr should be the first WNBA players since Maya Moore, and only the 2nd and 3rd overall, to be signed to the Jordan Brand. These three are the only WNBA players to represent the Jordan Brand. I have to admit even I'm a bit puzzled. No Taurasi, Bird, Stewart, etc. Maybe someone can shed some light. Kia does represent Canada, and perhaps she's seen as a conduit to promoting the brand in that country. That makes business sense. However, while Asia was a great player in college, she has yet to establish herself in the WNBA for obvious reasons. Somewhere the answer lies in brand promotion and, of course, money. The Liberty must be feeling pretty good about this, not to mention having a new owner, being recently picked up by the YES Network, and potentially moving to the Barclay Center next year. Now they just need to start winning a few games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom