Interesting New Podcast series with Napheesa and Aja Wilson | The Boneyard

Interesting New Podcast series with Napheesa and Aja Wilson

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
First episode

WNBA All-Stars, A’ja Wilson & Napheesa Collier come to you from inside the WNBA Bubble, in Florida. They talk about how they met, their short career experiences, as well as what it has been like inside the bubble. They also talk about their short careers & what it felt like winning Rookie of the Year. They give their Rookie of the Year predictions as well as rank their top 5 players they’re looking forward to watching play this season.

Guessing before I listen that Aja will bypass the SC / UConn series.

Edit: I guessed wrong. Aja bringing up multiple times how she never won against UConn (0-7) and brings up the E8 loss which surprisingly Naphessa did not seem to remember? But they both loved the energy of the fans in the series

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
OMG, just getting around to listening to it. They are complete polar opposites personality wise

Aja is strangely deferential in everything from ROY to #1 in the Draft. Just happy to be considered etc.

Phessa is like. I should have won National Player of the year in Senior year of college and she was pissed so she said she wanted to win ROY because of the slight.

Reaction Score
OMG, just getting around to listening to it. They are complete polar opposites personality wise

Aja is strangely deferential in everything from ROY to #1 in the Draft. Just happy to be considered etc.

Phessa is like. I should have won National Player of the year in Senior year of college and she was pissed so she said she wanted to win ROY because of the slight.
That’s a different side of Pheesa we have not seen, or heard of. I hope she continues this attitude

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That’s a different side of Pheesa we have not seen, or heard of. I hope she continues this attitude

I guess the best hint was her conscious efforts to never show (negative) emotion on the court so the opponents would never have the satisfaction

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I guess the best hint was her conscious efforts to never show (negative) emotion on the court so the opponents would never have the satisfaction
One of the best athlete ever had the same approach--Jim Brown.

Reaction Score
I like the the pairing very much. Regarding Napheesa, I do not think that we are seeing a different side of her. She is a young woman who continues to grow, gain even more confidence and experience. Additionally, we are now seeing/hearing from her without being filtered through the UCONN prism.

Reaction Score
SC fan here and I have to say that Phee is one of my favorite WNBA players. I was pulling for her for ROY last year. She and A'ja do a fantastic job with this Podcast. I couldn't wait for Episode 2 to come out and it did not disappoint.

@eebmg I didn't take it that A'ja was differential about everything....did you miss the comment about not getting recognized her Jr. year?

Anyway, fantastic collaboration of 2 young superstars who are stars off the court as well as on it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
SC fan here and I have to say that Phee is one of my favorite WNBA players. I was pulling for her for ROY last year. She and A'ja do a fantastic job with this Podcast. I couldn't wait for Episode 2 to come out and it did not disappoint.

@eebmg I didn't take it that A'ja was differential about everything....did you miss the comment about not getting recognized her Jr. year?

Anyway, fantastic collaboration of 2 young superstars who are stars off the court as well as on it.

2nd episode is bigtime

MVP & 2-time Champion, Kevin Durant joins the podcast to talk everything from his recovery, playing with Russ, Steph & now Kyrie and even his current love life. A’ja & Napheesa also dive into the first week of the WNBA Season, as well as the twitter beef between Andre Igoudala & Aerial Powers.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice follow up article on the great chemistry between Phee and Aja (and I agree whole heartedly)

By the way, Naphessa had mentioned how sad it was that Sabrina sustained a season ending injury but now without her, the WNBA should replace the Liberty games they put on ESPN / ESPN2 because of Sabrina with more competitive teams. 1000% agree.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom