Interesting NC Game observation for all conspiracy theorists | The Boneyard

Interesting NC Game observation for all conspiracy theorists

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For all conspiracy claimers out there, I find that there is a common factor in most of the NC games from 2008 until 2018.
I personally believe that the factor does seem to favor a team (especially in the bigger games when the score is close) in most of the games that she calls. At some point there will be a "I can't believe that call" or a "I can't believe she missed that call".
I did not watch last night's game, so I have no idea on who made the decision on the William/Mabrey non call, but someone was on the court at the time.
And....I know they pick the creme of the creme for the NC, but for the last 10 years, can one person continue to be the creme of the creme? I know she gets high visibility on many of the ESPN Nationally Broadcast games, but what about referees that officiate out west, aren't they any good?

Let the slinging of arrows begin....

Dee Kantner, Eric Brewton, Denise Brooks
2009 Louisville
Dee Kantner, Lisa Mattingly, Clarke Stevens
2010 Stanford
Dee Kantner, Eric Brewton, Lisa Jones
Dee Kantner, Tina Napier, Michael Price
Lisa Jones, Dee Kantner, Tina Napier
2013 Louisville
Denise Brooks, Lisa Mattingly, Brenda Pantoja
2014 ND
Dee Kantner, Lisa Mattingly, Denise Brooks
2015 ND
Dee Kanter, Denise Brooks, Mark Zentz
Regular Season UConn At ND
Dee Kantner, Eric Brewton, Maj Forsberg
2016 Syracuse
Dee Kantner, Lisa Jones & Beverly Roberts
Dee Kantner, Tina Napier, Brenda Pantoja
Dee Kantner, Bryan Brunette, Karen Preato
Dee Kantner, Brenda Pantoja, Joseph Vaszily

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For all conspiracy claimers out there, I find that there is a common factor in most of the NC games from 2008 until 2018.
I personally believe that the factor does seem to favor a team (especially in the bigger games when the score is close) in most of the games that she calls. At some point there will be a "I can't believe that call" or a "I can't believe she missed that call".
I did not watch last night's game, so I have no idea on who made the decision on the William/Mabrey non call, but someone was on the court at the time.
And....I know they pick the creme of the creme for the NC, but for the last 10 years, can one person continue to be the creme of the creme? I know she gets high visibility on many of the ESPN Nationally Broadcast games, but what about referees that officiate out west, aren't they any good?

2009 Louisville
2010 Stanford
2013 Louisville
2014 ND
2015 ND
2016 Syracuse
Yes one person can remain at the top of a profession for a decade or even longer. If Geno can do it why can't Dee Kantner?
Keep-Calm-Its-the-Silly-Season-150x150.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At the time, I thought it was the male ref who was responsible for most of the big botched calls. Harder to assign blame for the no-calls though without re-watching with an eye to that question specifically.

For these two teams over the years, my biggest theme is that style-wise, ND is just a really bad match up for us. Much in the same way that we are a really bad match up for SC.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Williams faded away. ND got calls because they were the aggressor. Dee Kantner doesn’t call every foul called during a game. There are two other refs who usually participate one way or another, too.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes one person can remain at the top of a profession for a decade or even longer. If Geno can do it why can't Dee Kantner?
Keep-Calm-Its-the-Silly-Season-150x150.png
I completely understand what you are saying, and can agree with it but with Geno, his top of the profession rating is determined by his won/loss record. A referee's top of the profession rating is purely subjective and decided by the NCAA, I believe.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I completely understand what you are saying, and can agree with it but with Geno, his top of the profession rating is determined by his won/loss record. A referee's top of the profession rating is purely subjective and decided by the NCAA, I believe.
It is not "purely subjective". The selection is a rather extensive down selection process for both the men and women.
Earning the Call
Regarding Dee specifically part of her qualifications for being at the top of her profession includes time spent as a referee in the NBA.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The Not Basketball Anymore League? Sorry, I haven't watched a men's college game for the last 10 or 15 years or a NBA game since the 80s, so I have no idea how that relates to her ability to officiate an actual basketball game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Not Basketball Anymore League? Sorry, I haven't watched a men's college game for the last 10 or 15 years or a NBA game since the 80s, so I have no idea how that relates to her ability to officiate an actual basketball game.
So let me explain it to you! The NBA games that you are not watching contain atheletes that can move faster, jump higher and be much more physical than WCBB. Making calls at the NBA level prepares you very well to make call at the NCAA level because during the WCBB games the speed is not nearly as intense. I didn't mean for Dee qualifications to blow up your conspiracy theory like that.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
So let me explain it to you! The NBA games that you are not watching contain atheletes that can move faster, jump higher and be much more physical than WCBB. Making calls at the NBA level prepares you very well to make call at the NCAA level because during the WCBB games the speed is not nearly as intense. I didn't mean for Dee qualifications to blow up your conspiracy theory like that.
I don't care how qualified you may think she is based upon working in the NBA, because I don't think I ever mentioned her qualifications other than to question why there aren't some other equally qualified refs for the NC game. My basic theory is that I don't believe that she is completely unbiased in some of her calls and games, as other fans may also believe. It's my understanding that college refs get to pick which regular season games, and possibly conference tournament games, they are going to officiate, sometimes months in advance. So...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't care how qualified you may think she is based upon working in the NBA, because I don't think I ever mentioned her qualifications other than to question why there aren't some other equally qualified refs for the NC game. My basic theory is that I don't believe that she is completely unbiased in some of her calls and games, as other fans may also believe. It's my understanding that college refs get to pick which regular season games, and possibly conference tournament games, they are going to officiate, sometimes months in advance. So...
Of course you don't care about Dee's qualifications, it doesn't fit your conspiracy theory. Keep running with that understanding, reality be damned!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Of course you don't care about Dee's qualifications, it doesn't fit your conspiracy theory. Keep running with that understanding, reality be damned!

Once the snow melts, I know a nice grassy knoll where we can all continue these types of conversations ;).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

2009 Louisville
2010 Stanford
2013 Louisville
2014 ND
2015 ND
2016 Syracuse

You forgot to mention that her daughter is a sophomore at ND this year.

Reaction Score

I know that you are not saying that all the NBA player attributes you point out make the NBA games more watchable. But did you ever stop to think how long a game would take to play, beyond the networks allotted time frame, if all fouls were call. The NBA game is composed of "Calls" and "No Calls". The no calls are the things that make the pro game unwatchable for allot of people. Also the referee's have plans to catch in order to get to there next "call no call game" Just looking at this from a conspiracy standpoint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom