Interesting Info in Jeff Jacobs article in todays Courant | The Boneyard

Interesting Info in Jeff Jacobs article in todays Courant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jacobs mentions in his article that a New Orleans Saints asst coach is in line to be the new qb coh at UConn. I checked the coaching bios on the Saints website, the only 2 I could see getting the job are Saints OC Pete Carmichael Jr (a native of Framingham Ma 4 yer letter winner in baseball and grad of BC who has been the Saints OC for the past 3 yrs after spending 3 yrs as their QB coach) and Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi (grandson of Vince Lombardi native of Seattle Wa, 3 year football lettr winner and graduate of Air Force Academy...Saints QB coach for past 3 years). ONLY way I see Carmichael taking job is if he is given a "in waiting" title of some kind (DeLeone is getting on in years). Other than that I don't see anyone else on that staff that can be put into such a crucial coaching spot for us right now.

Link: http://www.courant.com/sports/other/hc-jacobs-column-1231-20111231,0,182805,full.column

Reaction Score
Love this line from the article...

Within one week,
Kemba Walker
would hit a step-back jumper so devastating that there's still an APB on Gary McGhee's ankles on 34th Street.

Reaction Score
Joe Lombardi kinda makes sense... In looking at his coaching profile ( http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches/joe-lombardi/6ea20688-c6f3-4149-b2ea-e092d93305b0 ) He looks like a guy that would fit the bill of a little of what Coach P is doing.. First off , he played TE at Air Force ('94).. That's right, TE.. then he coached TE's and OL, then went to another gig to coach TE's and RBs... then He coached DL in another position...then goes to the NFL and coaches DL at that level only to end up at N.O. coaching RB shortly then assisted in prepping QB & passing attack, then became QB coach in '09... Brees went bananas after that... If we get this guy talk about a major coup to bring UCONN football to the next level...on the offensive side of the ball at least. If this indeed is the case looks like the checkbook is opening up in Storrs, CT...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'd take anyone whom Drew Brees has had a relationship with in the past as our next QB coach, and that list would include his maid, chauffeur, or personal chef. Anyone who's been around Drew Brees is a big get for UConn. The dude is just silly good.

Reaction Score
The Saints' QB coach is not going to take a college QB coach position. If they get anyone from that staff it will be one of the "Coaching Assistants" that wants to step up a full position coach role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom