Interesting Elite Eight | The Boneyard

Interesting Elite Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 blowouts and one close one.

While must blowouts are ugly, watching Louisville get out, press, and move the ball is a thing of beauty.

I expected more out of Florida and Indiana.

Kudos to Wichita State! They're the Cinderella Mid-Major.

Reaction Score
Let me add that my heart goes out to KWare and his family. What a courageous young man. I got choked up watching that injury. I wept for him. The fact that this injury happened is awful. But on such a grand stage, oh so close to the Final Four......

I'm rooting for his team to win it all and hoping that they dedicate their hardware to their fallen teammate.

Sucks:(

Reaction Score
If Dieng for some reason returns to Louisville next year they are going to be unreal. Smith is projected 2nd round or undrafted as a "tweener" but unquestionably would be the best guard in the country next year at Louisville. Chris Jones National JC POY comes in at the point a la Pierre Jackson (Baylor) so this team could be a scary repeat contender if they win it this year. Not to mention 5***** pg Terry Rozier (68 pts in a game this year) coming in. Louisville is loaded next year again. A Kentucky vs. Louisville final will be the hype all year if Dieng returns. Errrrrrrrrrr...

Hopefully the $ will put Dieng to the NBA. Zeller vs. Dieng? Is it even close? Dieng will continue to develop on the offensive end. I think Chukwu will be better than Dieng.

Reaction Score
It looks like Ware is out of next year's rotation. It's too bad because it honestly seems he can score at will now. It certainly sets up well in a couple years.

Louisville fans are cautiously optimistic about Russell coming back and somewhat fatalistic about Gorgui - but there's a chance. Dieng loves school and is an unusually self-possessed person. His parents and Gorgui all listen closely to Rick and will do absolutely whatever he advises. It makes for interesting speculation. It was Rick who advised his players to try out for the pro camps to hear what they think.

Reaction Score
It looks like Ware is out of next year's rotation. It's too bad because it honestly seems he can score at will now. It certainly sets up well in a couple years.

Louisville fans are cautiously optimistic about Russell coming back and somewhat fatalistic about Gorgui - but there's a chance. Dieng loves school and is an unusually self-possessed person. His parents and Gorgui all listen closely to Rick and will do absolutely whatever he advises. It makes for interesting speculation. It was Rick who advised his players to try out for the pro camps to hear what they think.

I don't know how Louisville could possibility lose this opportunity at a National Championship. The stars are aligned and Ware will be on the bench in Atlanta. If I were a GM Smith & Gorgui would be on top of my draft board. Smith has Kemba like heart and is a blur. Parts of his game may not transition perfectly to the next level but coming off a national title run how can this kid not break into late first round? The guy is special and will most likely lead Ville to the 2013 title.

There is high risk for both of these guys if they stay next year as we witnessed with Ware. The injury was up close and personal for both these dudes to witness.

Ville & Memphis are the 2 top competitors for UConn next year. If K. Iverson qualifies, T. Black doesn't transfer and A. Thomas doesn't go pro Memphis and Ville will be pre season #1 and #2 in our new conference. With Napier Huskies in at #3. Ville w/out Gorgui and Ville still very slightly favored. IMO

Reaction Score

Rick Pitino told Dieng to participate in Senior night from what I had read. I think he's graduating early. Pitino wouldn't have encouraged him, had he not thought Dieng was going.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Ware has a better shot at playing next year than Dieng does.

Dieng is gone - I don't care how much he says he likes school. Pitino says "98%-gone", that means gone.

On Ware, the recovery time seems to be six to eight months which brings him back for the start of next season. I would think a medical redshirt year might be a good course of action - if not only for the kid, but for the fans. I would have to watch UL games with my eyes closed while he was on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom