Interesting Billboard in Bristol, CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Billboard in Bristol, CT

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have been hoping that this business would not be as much of a distraction as it could be. Well, I guess it will be a distraction, Dam, a billboard? Really? We need Paige to concentrate on why she came here in the first place. I'm really not worried about herself actually, but the outside forces that she will have to deal with should be a concern for Geno and her fellow players. We don't need this to turn into a circus, but the media may make it so. I pray there are rules that may be in place to keep this business off campus, not to interfere with the real business at hand, and whatever is offered Paige ( or any other player ) is short and sweet, and not dragged on to compete with the season. NIL questions should not be allowed during pre game or post game pressers. Lets stick to the real reason we watch and enjoy the game. We still have to remember that these are college students and not professional athletes.
You realize that that billboard was paid for by a marketing agency and not Paige correct?

Reaction Score
Now these kids will have to manage classes, practice, games, and appointments for promotional photo shoots, videos, etc. Can you say burn out?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Parkman was signed as a free agent catcher from the A's at the beginning of the movie. That's what led to Jake Taylor getting cut as the team's catcher. Remember when Jake tells Lou that it's a good idea to carry three catchers (himself, Parkman, and Baker), to which Lou responds we're not carrying three catchers. Parkman was a divisive figure in the clubhouse, and had even once renamed Wild Thing's new eliminator pitch the masturbator during batting practice. The team didn't get back on track until they traded away Parkman during the season.
I stand corrected.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Just going back to the way it was in late 1980’s and early 90’s with Men’s Football and Basketball…

Derrick Coleman (Syracuse) 1st college player to take a pay-cut to play in the NBA…

Reaction Score
This reminds of the early 60's, when John Wooden successfully recruited Lew Alcindor from Power Memorial in NY. The media wasn't like today, but there were concerns for the shy Alcindor. Wooden became very protective of the big guy, minimizing interviews, and continued development of the UCLA dynasty. Geno has read Wooden's book. Geno will know what to do.

Reaction Score
Agree Geno will know what to do, but is it crazy to ask why couldn't all the girls NIL $ be dumped into a pool that they share equally? Yeah, Paige would be giving up $ for a few years by sharing with her team mates but she doesn't strike me as someone solely motivated by the buck.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Are people even aware of what that brand is who put the ad?
Six Star Pro Nutrition is a sports nutrition brand that’s been around since 2005. They are one of 6 major brands managed by Iovate Health Sciences, headquartered in Oakville, Ontario, which started out in 1995 with Hydroxycut and other supplements for bodybuilders and athletes.

Six Star produces a number of products such as whey protein powder, energy drinks and the like. They market their products through retail outlets like Walmart as well as online.

Six Star has endorsement deals with pro football player TJ Watt and women’s soccer player Tobin Heath. Evidently, they are fishing for a specific WBB player to also endorse their products.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that players getting paid for the use of their likeness won't end up a big deal. The green monster (envy, not Fenway) may cause some friction at first and then everyone gets used to the new status quo.

Reaction Score
Agree Geno will know what to do, but is it crazy to ask why couldn't all the girls NIL $ be dumped into a pool that they share equally? Yeah, Paige would be giving up $ for a few years by sharing with her team mates but she doesn't strike me as someone solely motivated by the buck.

While I agree about how Bueckers will handle this I can't disagree more about the "sharing". First let Amazon pool all its profits and then distribute them equally to the employees? Sounds like communism to me. :eek:

Reaction Score
I wonder who it refers to?
7466264842038ee03b54cda7b13f2d01

Where is this? I've nothing to do in this heat and my car is cool.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Where is this? I've nothing to do in this heat and my car is cool.
On the Iovate/Six Star website, the billboard’s placement is described as being “within a stones throw of a 4-letter network’s campus.” So I would assume that it’s somewhere near ESPN’s campus in Bristol (935 Middle St). If I still lived in CT, I might hunt it down myself.

As information, starting on July 1, tomorrow, Six Star will unveil a “social media influencer campaign” with a number of college athletes holding a “framed 1$ bill” along with a bottle of Six Star Whey Protein. It’s a brave new world……

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Six Star puts out an array of products, but the athletic link is their protein and mineral supplements. Seems like they are saying Remember Us Paige.

See Products - Page 1 - Six Star Pro Nutrition
According to their website, Six Star has a campaign ready to go tomorrow featuring college athletes, so we’ll get to see exactly who they signed up.

Reaction Score
Unintended consequences! These kinds of changes are never straightforward! They are like earthquakes that spawn tsunamis, infrastructure damage, landslides, avalanches, eruptions etc. All we can do is hold on and hope we (college sports) are still standing (in one form or another) when it’s over! I personally am not optimistic. Amateur sports, with all its corruption and various other problems, has always seemed cleaner and more pure than pro sports and they have been chipping away at the wall between the two for years. This time, I am afraid they have actually breached the wall and we will just have to see whether they sack the city or settle for peaceful occupation.

Reaction Score
Fresno State WBB Cavinder twins who hv a very strong Tik Tok following just inked deals per Twitter & will have a live media appearance Thursday in Times Square. So it appears marketability is not just measured by the athletes on the court performance or how many awards you may have received but your popularity with a mainstream audience as well.

W

wolfe613

Fresno State WBB Cavinder twins who hv a very strong Tik Tok following just inked deals per Twitter & will have a live media appearance Thursday in Times Square. So it appears marketability is not just measured by the athletes on the court performance or how many awards you may have received but your popularity with a mainstream audience as well.
off course it's about popularity, Notre Dame qb is not even gonna be listed as a top player because he is not "on social media" like I said this was always about non sports related which is why I already knew sport will come 2nd to athletes now and 1st will be providing people with social media content, sad days ahead

W

wolfe613

1.1 million on Instagram, and almost 4 million on TikTok.

So basically a social media "influencer" who also happens to be a college athlete.
that's what these athletes are gonna become anyways

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom