Interesting Article in WP about ACL's | The Boneyard

Interesting Article in WP about ACL's

Reaction Score
Tim Fudd: “I don’t know how we could’ve prevented Azzi’s other than not be in the place at that time,” he said. “Given the physicality that occurred at the moment [w/ Hailey Van Lith], any player would’ve been vulnerable to injury.”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban, gave an interview this week wherein he teased about being tougher than his players. Seems Nick had a hip replacement and was back out working within 48 hours, much to the chagrin of some players. He talked about rehab, and conditioning for today's athletes, but then he said he has concern over youngsters playing too much of one sport. He said he always asks recruits what sports they play other than football. And that he feels the best players are those who are well versed. Today parents and AAU coaches tend to push kids into year round basketball, or volleyball, or whatever. Years ago my daughter was playing basketball and volleyball and enjoyed both. But the volleyball coach in the local high school told the middle schoolers that they should play AAU volleyball if they hoped to make the high school team. We found out later that coach was getting a subsidy from a local AAU club! It was a blatant attempt to prevent kids from playing other sports ,as basketball conflicted with AAU volleyball. Hard for a kid to make that choice, and I think it is unhealthy. Kids need variety, and different sports make use of different muscle memory and coordination skills. All that leads to a better total athlete, and in many ways a better person. And IMO, less likelihood of serious injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom