Interesting Article From Dimauro At The Day | The Boneyard

Interesting Article From Dimauro At The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Only because I never thought I'd ever read something like this from him.

The way this BC guy sees it, UConn fans have it so much better

You have to register to read the Day. His basic premise is that who cares about the academics side of college athletics. He'd rather be a fan of UConn than BC since UConn wins.
Unless this was a roundabout dig on the state of UConn athletics. Anyways the program is correcting itself which is the way I'd prefer it. Best to have a winning program with good academics vs. BC's situation which is a losing program with good academics. Of course if Dimauro didn't have his agenda he would have focused on the 975 score that just occurred.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Here's the gist:

And just when we'd gone a few days with potential Glasnost, coincidence or irony happened. The day it was announced that academic shortcomings could imperil NCAA tournament chances for UConn men's basketball in 2013, Boston College was lauded for its Graduation Success Rate, second in the nation.
I chuckled.
Not because I'm a BC guy getting my jollies. Au contraire. I chuckled because UConn fans, despite their flagship program's indifference toward academics over the years, have it so much better. Soooooo much better.
Think about it. If you are a fan who buys tickets, cable packages to watch games and makes road trips - exactly the person the NCAA covets - would you rather root for the school that has been to the BCS and four Final Fours or the school that has never been to the BCS or Final Four, but had 21 athletic programs recognized recently for 100 percent graduation rates?
Perhaps this shows I have all the depth of "Jersey Shore." But I'd rather be UConn, frankly.

I think it's a thinly vailed shot, myself.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Here's the gist:

I think it's a thinly vailed shot, myself.
Yep, not only at UConn but fans of UConn. He has to leave it open ended to argue he wasn't going after the program or its fans because of where he gets his paycheck.

He's no more or less guilty of spinning things for his preferences and against his dislikes than any of us.

I'm content that UConn is heading in the right direction and is in the process of over taking BC in everything. So let him gloat over his small victories for now because he won't have this opportunity for long.:)

Reaction Score
He can suck it. Until this article I did not even know that BC had a sports program.

While improving our score is going to be critical moving forward- I would not trade some of the best sports moments of my life so other schools had little or nothing to talk about when reflecting on UCONN athletics. If we did not win the NC last year no one would give one rat's what we did or are doing in the future.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
It is not worth it to either register for that site, or to give them the traffic.

Reaction Score
Been going on a long time with that guy. Has had a superjohn for Uconn forever in all sports. Wrote something very controversial about the woman huskies 4 or 5 years ago. Why go after them and fans of the lady huskies I'll never know. Has been anti Uconn and any little thing real or perceived he will jump on and ride that horse and basically he is a terrible journalist. It's even hard to call that idiot a journalist , he's a punk.

Reaction Score
Could be taken many ways but to me its just a writer trying to be creative and cute. I may be naive but if its a dig at us then he hid it fairly well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Name one BC player that can quote Proust.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Could be taken many ways but to me its just a writer trying to be creative and cute. I may be naive but if its a dig at us then he hid it fairly well.
I thought it was peppered with digs. "we" fans of UConn don't care about academics. We blame the APR on transfers and NBA players but it's really secretly we don't give a . BCUs a better school - we've had plenty of arguments about what makes a "better school" and rankings. He covers UConn but hates us.

Reaction Score
I thought it was peppered with digs. "we" fans of UConn don't care about academics. We blame the APR on transfers and NBA players but it's really secretly we don't give a . BCUs a better school - we've had plenty of arguments about what makes a "better school" and rankings. He covers UConn but hates us.

Thanks, that's why I love this Board! "Blind man now see"

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
HAHA Well played.

To answer your question.......I couldn't name a current BC player if I had a gun to my head right now.
I couldn't either, honestly. Didn't they have a quarterback a few years back? Ryan I think his name was? That's the last BC player I can remember.

Reaction Score
you might not be able to quote a BC player currently but BC damn makes sure you hear about Doug Flutie every 2 seconds, its like the NY Mets with the only thing to hang their hat on was the 86' world series and they let you know every frieking game about it

Reaction Score
He's taking shots. He wants readers to become angry that the NCAA has"no teeth". And he hopes that the NCAA prevents UConn from being in the 2013 tournament. It was a rather clever article for him, but underneath he has a heated hatred and envy for everything Husky.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He's taking shots. He wants readers to become angry that the NCAA has"no teeth". And he hopes that the NCAA prevents UConn from being in the 2013 tournament. It was a rather clever article for him, but underneath he has a heated hatred and envy for everything Husky.
Haters are going to hate.

I've hated a few things in my lifetime.

The numbers of things people in this forum hate has increased recently. Just take Scot-e for instance. He has recently added Pitt to his list of scum. Before that I knew only his contempt for Georgetown.

What is strange about DiMauro is why he chose to write for a paper whose readership loves a school he hates and which is the primary focus by that readership when it comes to college athletics. This is not a very healthy career choice by DiMauro imo.

To echo said reporters flimsy rational for ridicule, the mental health quotient at BC is in question considering the career choice of this reporter and the behavior of its athletic director.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This is the same guy who accused Uconn fans of being racist because attendance at WBB games was down with Maya Moore and Tina Charles from the days of Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is the same guy who accused Uconn fans of being racist because attendance at WBB games was down with Maya Moore and Tina Charles from the days of Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi.
And now you know his game. He has an axe to grind. And that axe works if we follow him. And it gets blunted if we ignore him. I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about clicking his articles. The paper will not pay a columnist if he isn't followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom