Interesting article focused on Geno's self introspection. | The Boneyard

Interesting article focused on Geno's self introspection.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony with a very interesting article where Geno tries to explain what makes him tick

Wow he should have saved a lot of that stuff for his next book! (How a Little Italian Boy Grew Up to Win 1260 Basketball Games and 15 National Championships)

Reaction Score
Best article ever on "what makes Geno tick". Well written, with interesting tidbits on his mom on dad. Most Italian immigrant families share the same story of working in difficult factory/manual labor jobs, language barriers, and laser focused desire to succeed. Maybe it is in the DNA, or coming from a country which offered little/no hope for the future.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I wonder if he realizes how important is he to so many people or even thinks about it.
I think he recognizes how important he is to the young women who commit to play for him, and that is more than enough for him. He recruits the best and makes them better players and people, and that is its own reward.

Reaction Score
Geno is a great basketball coach and that's to our advantage as fans. But what is even more important is that he is a great life coach and that is what often seals the deal with both the recruits and their familys.

Reaction Score
Geno is a great basketball coach and that's to our advantage as fans. But what is even more important is that he is a great life coach and that is what often seals the deal with both the recruits and their familys.
I also appreciate that Geno will actually say what he thinks, and can humorously place small digs [In reference to the "Kardashian" comment towards Paige] to get his team to play better and keep postive attitudes, especially when things are not necessarily going their way.

Reaction Score
I also appreciate that Geno will actually say what he thinks, and can humorously place small digs [In reference to the "Kardashian" comment towards Paige] to get his team to play better and keep postive attitudes, especially when things are not necessarily going their way.
CDR, I seem to recall someone once asking him when Diana started to shoot. His reply was, "When she's on her way out of the dressing room."

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Only someone from "The Burgh" could come up with that one. Give that man a Old Frothinslosh with the foam on the bottom of the glass.
Rege Cordic was a hoot!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Only someone from "The Burgh" could come up with that one. Give that man a Old Frothinslosh with the foam on the bottom of the glass.
Olde Frothingslosh was brewed at Upper-Crudney-Upon-Thames, Pittsburgh. And of course, the can featured the image of the lovely, bathing suit clad Miss Fatima Yechbergh. As the story goes , "She came from a small town, that suddenly got much smaller when she left.". As for Rege Cordic, he moved to L.A. and played in many shows and movies. I saw him not long ago on a Gunsmoke episode.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno has internalized that slave who road in a chariot behind the victorius Roman general whispering "remember you are mortal."

Reaction Score
Olde Frothingslosh was brewed at Upper-Crudney-Upon-Thames, Pittsburgh. And of course, the can featured the image of the lovely, bathing suit clad Miss Fatima Yechbergh. As the story goes , "She came from a small town, that suddenly got much smaller when she left.". As for Rege Cordic, he moved to L.A. and played in many shows and movies. I saw him not long ago on a Gunsmoke episode.
Gotta look for that one. I think the whole term was Olde Frothingslosh Pale Stale Dry Ale With The Foam On The Bottom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom