Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's mixed teams. Geno could be coaching Shabazz and KML, for example.

Aj

Reaction Score
I have a feeling we will be seeing both teams win the National championship in April!:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My answer to AJ from the other thread. (before the merge - I gotta type faster)

Don't think so. That wouldn't be much of a game. The way the link reads, I believe the two teams will be divided up with equal number of guys/girls on each team. Maybe like there must be at least 2 girls on the floor at all times or something like that.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
I would love to get to watch this scrimmage but won't be able to make it to First Night. Anyone else plan on going? If so, maybe you can record the game and post it for those of us who won't be able to attend :).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
MEYERS: My sentiments exactly. (Can't believe I am saying this.....something is terribly wrong)

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
The ad Team Geno vs Team Kevin makes it clear it is girls versus boys. Great idea and seems like a lot of fun...just don't ruin it by making crazy rules to give the girls some advantage. Keep it real and the let the results be legit. Otherwise you mock the girls. A mixed gender game would be fun too. I'd pay to stream it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYERS: My sentiments exactly. (Can't believe I am saying this.....something is terribly wrong)
Well this and the government shut down, the end could be near. :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My answer to AJ from the other thread. (before the merge - I gotta type faster)

Don't think so. That wouldn't be much of a game. The way the link reads, I believe the two teams will be divided up with equal number of guys/girls on each team. Maybe like there must be at least 2 girls on the floor at all times or something like that.

I agree with your read. The ad refers to "players from" both teams which I construe to mean that players from both teams will be mixed up and that has the potential of being highly interesting.

Sort of like mixed doubles in tennis.

And I can't imagine a fox like Geno agreeing to his girls' team going straight up vs. the bigger and stronger boys. No way.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The ad Team Geno vs Team Kevin makes it clear it is girls versus boys. Great idea and seems like a lot of fun...just don't ruin it by making crazy rules to give the girls some advantage. Keep it real and the let the results be legit. Otherwise you mock the girls. A mixed gender game would be fun too. I'd pay to stream it.
Not sure that necessarily would mean guys vs girls, as I think it just means Geno's pick'em team vs Kevin's pick'em team, but I don't see where it says in the article anything definitive, and "inter-squad" could be used to mean either straight or mixed.

But all will be revealed.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I agree with your read. The ad refers to "players from" both teams which I construe to mean that players from both teams will be mixed up and that has the potential of being highly interesting.

Sort of like mixed doubles in tennis.

And I can't imagine a fox like Geno agreeing to his girls' team going straight up vs. the bigger and stronger boys. No way.
Well, it says a scrimmage, but maybe it's a H-O-R-S-E scrimmage. Maybe the women would have the advantage there. They were 7% better at the FT line, after all.

Reaction Score
Very good idea if you ask me. Gets away from the silly game stuff (hoppy thing races) and gets closer to the old actual scrimmages that they used to have.
This might even be worth going to.

MEYER: yeh, you are right about what those two tea leaves portend, especially the first one. So, let me exercise my feminine side and change my mind before it is too late. I continue to agree with getting away from the hoppy things. But I DON"T like the idea of men vs. women in a straight out scrimmage, IF that is what is intended.
To me that would be ridiculous and dangerous. We lost Hunter from just a hoppy thing, as we all painfully remember, let alone from banging around with 225 pounders. I'm agin it, EVEN if we had 90 women and not just nine. The "old actual scrimmage" would be just fine with me, girls on girls, and I'd probably resume attending for that. Some fun M vs W thing, like DOBB suggests (horse, three point shots etc) would make sense and be fun as well.

I feel better already.......is the market going up yet?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Which ball do they use?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The round one.
Ah, then I guess that nixes my ideas for a flag football scrimmage followed by a little rugby scrum action to kick off the season the right way.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ah, then I guess that nixes my ideas for a flag football scrimmage followed by a little rugby scrum action to kick off the season the right way.
Exactly. Stef would hurt too many of the guys doing that. She knows how to play in pain.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think this will be good fun for the crowd. I'll be glad when it is over and there are no walking wounded. Hope that none of Kevin's crew gets too wound up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MEYER: yeh, you are right about what those two tea leaves portend, especially the first one. So, let me exercise my feminine side and change my mind before it is too late. I continue to agree with getting away from the hoppy things. But I DON"T like the idea of men vs. women in a straight out scrimmage, IF that is what is intended.
To me that would be ridiculous and dangerous. We lost Hunter from just a hoppy thing, as we all painfully remember, let alone from banging around with 225 pounders. I'm agin it, EVEN if we had 90 women and not just nine. The "old actual scrimmage" would be just fine with me, girls on girls, and I'd probably resume attending for that. Some fun M vs W thing, like DOBB suggests (horse, three point shots etc) would make sense and be fun as well.

I feel better already.......is the market going up yet?
I don't imagine it would be a men vs women scrimmage. No point in that. I still assume it's gonna be a mixture of both teams. Which could/should be fun.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wonder if they will prohibit dunking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom