inserting Byron Jones and Tymeer Brown | The Boneyard

inserting Byron Jones and Tymeer Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has made a world of difference with the defense. They're redshirt freshmen, so there are going to ne growing pains . They were both picked on against WVU, but they both show the ability to make plays on the ball, which their immediate predecessors had not shown in many more opportunities.

Also, in a defense that plays a lot of man coverage, having one guy who can't keep athletically will make an entire defense look worse than it is, especially if the position is targeted the way WMU went after specific guys in the secondary.

Maybe they weren't ready earlier in the season, but its too bad these two didn't crack the lineup sooner.

Reaction Score
agreed.. wish they cracked the lineup sooner... Coach P knew what he was doing when he put Jones at CB.. I was wrong... Kid's got the ability to play BOTH positions... I also like the fact that he and Brown have good size for the positions (at or over 6' each )... Now, if our offense can get some points in the form of TDs in the redzone then we've got something real serious going on here.... AT Pitt will be one tough tough matchup...

Reaction Score
Early in the game Scott broke through the line and Brown made a great solo tackle, went in low and hard. That right there was a great thing to see and a big improvement on what has been going on there this year. BL is right, if BWW can come back at full strength Jones may need to get a look at the other starting safety spot.

Reaction Score
Gotta give it to Coach P there. He recognized his mistake with putting Wilburn there and moved the safety over which turned out to be an inspired decision so far.

Reaction Score
Agbor was also targeted in that game. Both brown and jones already have picks. I honestly don't know if Agbor and Wilburn ever had one. Even still it is their physicality that has impressed me the most.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Noey, if I recall you were really on Jones three or four weeks ago; good call.

Reaction Score
Thanks. The future is bright here. Credit to the last coach who brought better athletes each class regardless of rankings. I think the trend continues IF the conference situation ends up favorable for UConn.

Reaction Score
byron jones is quite talented. i still can't figure out why taylor mack isn't playing, though. as for ty-meer brown, he has the two interceptions but he doesn't look like he has safety speed. i hope to be disproven soon.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wonder if they don't like shorter corners since Mack is on the small size.

Happy that Ty Meer and Jones are both playing well as freshman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger