Injury Updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe academics but who knows at this point. If he can practice there is no reason to keep him out. I think finals ended today.

Reaction Score
No need to play Omar or Rodney Sunday, I hope neither plays, rest be ready for Duke.

Rodney should not have played against Yale.
I can't imagine throwing Omar in against dook, I would like to see him work rust out against Coppin State as opposed to the #2 team in the nation. And he is rusty....very rusty. Obviously he's not ready for CS, but that would be the game to work your way back into game shape not dook. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Jacobs went there, still would like to know what is the reasoning behind the gag order but maybe we'll find that out in another 2 months.

Reaction Score
I dont expect to see omar again in our uniform for what its worth (nothing). Not sure if it would even matter anyways(probably not).

Reaction Score
Who knows about the elusive Omar. KO has been saying the same thing for over 2 weeks now and with no pertinent or new information it's a big ? mark.So unfortunate as there was and is much playing time available .

Reaction Score
This is the result when you put Rhodes Scholars on rosturd. They value mathematical abstractions, imaginary complex numbers, bolean algebra, calculi, pythaghags, etc more than the mohinder & teammates get subliminal message. Thank the antichri, i mean anticoach in foosilbal offices for spreading the piece of work across campus. I always was of the opinion you could like to handle geometric balloons, eh orr basketballs and dribble at same time.

Reaction Score
Omar is waiting to hear back on second opinions with his injury. He doesn't want to come back prematurely and be ineffective a la last year with his hips. I've heard that with his hips there was an incorrect diagnosis from trainers which lead to him being brought back too early. He wants to make sure his injury is not a more severe tear and ruin anything he could salvage from this year.

I recently had a rotator tear repaired. It never showed up in the MRI, it required exploratory. I played my old man pickup games in pain. If I were a world class athlete like Omar, I would be careful also. Sometimes it's a chronic ache you can play through, sometimes not. It can be difficult to tell. Considering that the trainers screwed up last year, he has reason to be cautious.

Reaction Score
Think Omar is going to transfer..... And save this year of eligibility..... but we'll see
Omar has wide open minutes here if he can get on the court, and he goes elsewhere why?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
"He looked great," UConn point guard Ryan Boatright said, referring to before the season. "He was back to being athletic. He was dunking in traffic. He was hitting his jump shots and making smart decisions with the ball. And then, a freak accident with his knee.

If this is true, then wow. Don't get me wrong I hope he gets his minutes back, especially if he can knock down shots.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine throwing Omar in against dook, I would like to see him work rust out against Coppin State as opposed to the #2 team in the nation. And he is rusty....very rusty. Obviously he's not ready for CS, but that would be the game to work your way back into game shape not dook. We'll see.
Yea I do not expect much from Omar this year, I hope to be wrong.

I more meant rest Rodney for Duke.

Reaction Score
Please ...

Maybe we just need to be patient. Omar can play at a high level; I really want him confident and trying to play there. If that takes weeks of rehab & a psychologist, go for it.

Reaction Score
It honestly makes sense though. he came back way too early last season, and played some of the worst basketball i've ever seen an individual play. Thats on KO and the trainers for rushing him back out there, the onus should have been put on a full recovery. Now he has another injury where the trainers/coaches are seemingly rushing him out there.

Reaction Score
It honestly makes sense though. he came back way too early last season, and played some of the worst basketball i've ever seen an individual play. Thats on KO and the trainers for rushing him back out there, the onus should have been put on a full recovery. Now he has another injury where the trainers/coaches are seemingly rushing him out there.

Last year was post-op... It would have been his surgeon who cleared him, not KO or the trainers. Having had the same surgery on both hips you are cleared for full competition six months after the last surgery (assuming rehab went well), but even with aggressive rehab it takes much longer to get lateral quickness and explosiveness back.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I dont expect to see omar again in our uniform for what its worth (nothing). Not sure if it would even matter anyways(probably not).

Did you, then, post this to remind people that it's not too late to Ignore people who are aware of the dubious value of their posts but nonetheless post? A public service?

Reaction Score
My arthritic hip is acting up lately. Just moving the leg, on occasion, can send a nerve flash that feels like the leg is going to collapse - and that's in non-weight bearing mode. Makes me very cautious. I can imagine what some of OC's concerns are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom