Injury Updates | The Boneyard

Injury Updates

Reaction Score
At some point a pattern becomes a problem... We've had a 'freak' amount of injuries the last couple years which have to be traced back to something. Not sure where else to look than S&C, and I'm no medical professional, but this just seems inordinate at this point.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous, I can't remember a stretch of years like this where we have experienced soo many injuries.

Ok, who stole Jobu's rum?!!!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Yeah this is crazy. We can't get any stability

Reaction Score

Ugh Polley banged up now too.

Why does it seem like we must be playing football the last two seasons while everyone else is playing basketball? I mean seriously - half the freaking team is hurt, again! Hopefully Whaley had no further complications from his oral surgery.

I never thought I would say this, but thank God for that 12-day break for finals that comes after the Coppin State game next Saturday...

pj

Reaction Score
They need a better diet and better strength and conditioning for an extended period of time (1-2 years) to get tissues strong. Something has been wrong with the way they've been doing things.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We've been snake bitten, that's for sure. I was hoping to quickly get our team into an 8 man rotation, but this is not what I had in mind...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They need a better diet and better strength and conditioning for an extended period of time (1-2 years) to get tissues strong. Something has been wrong with the way they've been doing things.
I don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion from a single injury listed there. Gilbert came here with that injury; Cobb and Polley just got here; Jalen rolled an ankle and Vital got slammed on a drive.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion from a single injury listed there. Gilbert came here with that injury; Cobb and Polley just got here; Jalen rolled an ankle and Vital got slammed on a drive.

Yes, and no doubt the kids were eating poorly and sleeping at off hours before they got to UConn too, but Gilbert's been here about 16 months and that's long enough to heal. Jalen and Vital as long or longer. Cobb and Polley, 3-5 months can make a significant difference in injury prevention, but I'll grant you them.

Reaction Score
I'm worried that AG could be a long term issue. The kid is really good, what a shame.

Reaction Score

He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reaction Score
So weird to have 3 players with shoulder problems at the same time.

Reaction Score
You know why we can't get any stability in Alterique's shoulder. KO's divorce! It clearly impacted Gilbert's 2 surgeries. Coach was too preoccupied with his own family to get in there and fix that shoulder up right!

F in KO brought in a gymnastics trainer?! Sure Shabazz and Boatright were going strong for 36+ minutes/game on the NC run, but that's not what Jimmy Calhoun would do. His players never were injured like this. Auriemma went through health issues with Ambrosimova, but then he became such a good coach that his player don't get hurt any more. Think Samuelson is really out? That is just a strategic game Gino is playing, but Ollie won't listen to him either.

Nutrition is part of it. A head coach has to eat for his players. Why can't our players eat like they do in the Big 10? Jimbo wants to tell Ollie, but he won't listen. Jeesh. If we keep letting players eat KO's pro style food, like last year, we won't have any players left!

KO has to go before breakfast. Get someone in there who can cook.

By the way, that darn Gilbert who was an awful recruiting choice by KO and didn't learn anything from KO while sitting through last season and who doesn't play defense and who was doing nothing for us this year went down in the MSU game just before everything started to decompose has always had a poor diet. He ate like he didn't deserve the UConn on his jersey. Interestingly, Vital's improving game and increasing physical strength occurred in spite of KO, not because of it. KO doesn't develop players, I read it on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I feel really bad for Alterique. Oregon seemed like a major coming out party and 24 hours later he reinjuries the shoulder he just had surgery on....again? Sucks because I think he has more talent and heart than anyone on the team. Hopefully he can get back healthy soon.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I feel really bad for Alterique. Oregon seemed like a major coming out party and 24 hours later he reinjuries the shoulder he just had surgery on....again? Sucks because I think he has more talent and heart than anyone on the team. Hopefully he can get back healthy soon.
Knee replacements have come so far that they're almost better than the real thing or will be soon. Maybe someday shoulder joint replacements will be an option. Maybe they already are? Hard to believe a third traditional surgery is going to fix him. I say HGH, blood spinning or whatever other options are out there to aid healing need to be tried.

Reaction Score
None of the injuries are concerning, or out of the norm, expect for the Gilbert injury which is REALLY REALLY concerning

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
So weird to have 3 players with shoulder problems at the same time.

When Polley dived for the ball at the time it looked like enough to hurt his shoulder. AG
Should be forever exempt from floor diving.
He should be benched for floor diving.

Reaction Score
You know why we can't get any stability in Alterique's shoulder. KO's divorce! It clearly impacted Gilbert's 2 surgeries. Coach was too preoccupied with his own family to get in there and fix that shoulder up right!

F in KO brought in a gymnastics trainer?! Sure Shabazz and Boatright were going strong for 36+ minutes/game on the NC run, but that's not what Jimmy Calhoun would do. His players never were injured like this. Auriemma went through health issues with Ambrosimova, but then he became such a good coach that his player don't get hurt any more. Think Samuelson is really out? That is just a strategic game Gino is playing, but Ollie won't listen to him either.

Nutrition is part of it. A head coach has to eat for his players. Why can't our players eat like they do in the Big 10? Jimbo wants to tell Ollie, but he won't listen. Jeesh. If we keep letting players eat KO's pro style food, like last year, we won't have any players left!

KO has to go before breakfast. Get someone in there who can cook.

By the way, that darn Gilbert who was an awful recruiting choice by KO and didn't learn anything from KO while sitting through last season and who doesn't play defense and who was doing nothing for us this year went down in the MSU game just before everything started to decompose has always had a poor diet. He ate like he didn't deserve the UConn on his jersey. Interestingly, Vital's improving game and increasing physical strength occurred in spite of KO, not because of it. KO doesn't develop players, I read it on the Boneyard.

Stairmaster has 2 accounts?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I've said before: we have bad s&d coaches.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're still paying off our debt to the devil for 2011 and 2014

Anyone else have a soul to sell?

Reaction Score
At some point a pattern becomes a problem... We've had a 'freak' amount of injuries the last couple years which have to be traced back to something. Not sure where else to look than S&C, and I'm no medical professional, but this just seems inordinate at this point.

Can't see how this could possibly be about S&C.

These are the injuries:

1. Gilbert (predates UConn)
2. Larrier (ACL, unrelated to S&C)
3. Cobb (high ankle sprain, a common bball injury)
4. Polley--is he injured?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom