Initials of Player's Name | The Boneyard

Initials of Player's Name

temery

What?
Reaction Score
First letter of first name followed by the first letter of surname x 3. KK Arnold is the only exception. Use the pattern and auto correct will replace with full name.

Feel free to practice by replying to this thread. Report any problems. I don't think the case matters.

Worth Noting: you can still just type the name out. I'm just trying to make things a little easier.

IMG_3589.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Personally, I don’t like it when initials are used in various forms. Sometimes you don’t know who or what they are. But that’s the way it is now.

Reaction Score
Inês Bettencourt

Inês Bettencourt

KK Arnold

Aaliyah Edwards

Nika Mühl

Reaction Score
It'll help those who are typing on a phone's keyboard. Thanks

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Personally, I don’t like it when initials are used in various forms. Sometimes you don’t know who or what they are. But that’s the way it is now.
If you see something, say something. Otherwise, it keeps going.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove = Dv.

temery = Tom

HuskyNan = HN

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd

Cool

Amari DeBerry

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How about The Kid and CFD and The Icon? Is there a way to abbreviate them? (asking for a, um, friend, yea, that's it) :cool:

Reaction Score
I like it. I tried all lowercase and that works too. So fast!

Reaction Score
Inês Bettencourt, Aaliyah Edwards, Azzi Fudd, Paige Bueckers, Ice Brady

I love this. Iceee for Ice Brady should work like you did with Azzi :)

Reaction Score
The problem with things like this is manifestly obvious! First, (as Alydar points out) there’s an inconsistency with Azzi, second (and more important) you are always going to run into the problem of certain initials representing problematical images/words. I’m reasonably sure Ashlynn is not going to want to see the provided initials referring to her! Well meant effort but definitely needs some tweaks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The problem with things like this is manifestly obvious! First, (as Alydar points out) there’s an inconsistency with Azzi, second (and more important) you are always going to run into the problem of certain initials representing problematical images/words. I’m reasonably sure Ashlynn is not going to want to see the provided initials referring to her! Well meant effort but definitely needs some tweaks.
It's my understanding that the only one seeing the initials is the person posting the comment/reply. Once the reply or comment is posted, the BY readers will only see the full name, not any initials. So Ashlynn, and every other BYer, will see Ashlynn Shade...nothing else. And if a poster feels that any initial shortcut is improper, then just type full name.

arch

Reaction Score
If you remember the initials, just tripple the second letter, or type the name. Age should have nothing to do with it.
Age, my friend, has everything to do with it.

But thanks for the solution. It will help, believe me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom