Initial Top 50 for the class of 2023 from 247Sports | The Boneyard

Initial Top 50 for the class of 2023 from 247Sports

Reaction Score
A decent amount of Northeast kids to target if Hurley is still making that the priority area.

Reaction Score
A decent amount of Northeast kids to target if Hurley is still making that the priority area.

Ridiculous amount of talent in our recruiting area this year. These schools we have already recruited from heavily.

#7 simeon Wilcher - Roselle Catholic
#20 Jacoi Hutchinson - Dematha
#44 Aaron Bradshaw - Roselle
#45 Deshawn Harris Smith - Paul VI

Plus other kids in our recruiting footprint

#1 Dajuan Wagner
#5 Kwame Evans
#35 Akil Watson
#36 Jahnathan Lamothe
#47 Shawn Simmons

If I'm not mistaken, TJ Power and Simeonn Wilcher are our two offers for 2023 so far.

Reaction Score
I'm befuddled by the TJ Power offer. I saw him play in person last year and he was highly unimpressive. Matchup of 2 of the best teams in central MA and he was just going through the motions. Motor was low, range was disappointing. Then again I know how little that high school ball matters compared to AAU when you're around scholarship talent but I saw what I saw.

Reaction Score
I'm befuddled by the TJ Power offer. I saw him play in person last year and he was highly unimpressive. Matchup of 2 of the best teams in central MA and he was just going through the motions. Motor was low, range was disappointing. Then again I know how little that high school ball matters compared to AAU when you're around scholarship talent but I saw what I saw.
I have seen TJ Power a few times since our high school plays St. John's twice a year. Is he ranked? I actually saw him play 3 times this past season since I went to the Central MA tournament game against Franklin also.

I agree with you. He did not impress me. As a matter of fact I spoke to one of the players on our high school team who had a good game against him and he said Power is as soft as tissue paper. You put a body on him and he melts. But in fairness I think he was only a sophomore this past season. But compared to what I saw from watching Alex Karaban, who UConn hasn't offered, Power was terrible in comparison. Who knows? As always I'll trust the staff. They know a lot more than I do!

I didn't even know UConn had offered him. Oh, just saw the post. I'd love to show my son who thinks Power is not that good.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jeeez amazing - only 2 schools look like they each have 1 of the kids
Duke and Kentucky

Reaction Score
What team did you see him against? I was at 3 of the St. John's games last year and I saw the same thing you saw all 3 times.

Reaction Score
I love Dajuan Wagner jr's game since I saw a middle school mixtape of his. I had no idea he would be #1 player in his class though. Such a skilled, smart scorer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was going to ask someone to tell me what year it is.

Wasn't Dajuan Wagner #1 overall also for his class (at least at some point)?

Looked it up, 1 service (Hoop Scoop) had him #1 by the end, but he was #3 in RSCI.

Reaction Score
What team did you see him against? I was at 3 of the St. John's games last year and I saw the same thing you saw all 3 times.

I saw him against Bartlett, who is always a complete fraud - they were like 14-1 at the time and the game was over 3 minutes in. I was more impressed with St. Johns extra parts than I was with anything Power did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom