Initial quote for life size bronze of Coach Calhoun is $27k-$30k | The Boneyard

Initial quote for life size bronze of Coach Calhoun is $27k-$30k

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Surprisingly reasonable. Here's the email and link to the site.
Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for choosing to email us your inquiry of cost to custom create and build a life size full figure portraiture bronze statue of Coach Calhoun.

Should we be chosen to create this tribute sculpture, our estimate of cost would be between $27k to $30k.

We just completed a bronze of the former President Nixon for a corporation in New Zealand and a 7ft. replica of a famous moment in time of the Philadelphia Flyers, a monumental sculpture of two hockey players that will be unveiled at the new Comcast-Spectacor arena in Philly later this year.

Some of our other clients include the Smithsonian, the NPS, private and corporate clients, as well as our ongoing support to Operation Never Forget.

We would be honored and thrilled to be a part of Coach Calhoun's legacy that your group is undertaking. So should you have additional questions that will help move your project goals forward, please do not hesitate calling us direct at 801-366-5900 or for quick questions via email is great too!

Also, we do offer a formal quote that contains valuable information about our process, images of past works, an approved client reference list, and our firm "beat the competitor" by $1000 guarantee!

Looking forward to your reply and to speaking with you soon, thank you again Mr. .

Sincerely,
Victoria Karpos
Custom Project Coordinator
STATUES.COM
Made In America since 1995
801-366-5900

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Surprisingly reasonable. Here's the email and link to the site.

Jleves- is getting a Count of how many posters would give & how much. See the pinned thread. Figure tax & shipping approx- 35,000. Is it possible to get 500 Loyal posters to Ave $70.00? Secondly, and equally important where would we put it? I have offered my backyard. Did you happen to find out what he would stand on? Would Calhoun or his marketing people/agent need to know or approve it? Indoor/Outdoor? Storrs??, Hartford?? XL?? Is it more affordable to do a chest high Bust rather than lifesize? Curious-

CL82

Reaction Score
Jleves- is getting a Count of how many posters would give & how much. See the pinned thread. Figure tax & shipping approx- 35,000. Is it possible to get 500 Loyal posters to Ave $70.00? Secondly, and equally important where would we put it? I have offered my backyard. Did you happen to find out what he would stand on? Would Calhoun or his marketing people/agent need to know or approve it? Indoor/Outdoor? Storrs??, Hartford?? XL?? Is it more affordable to do a chest high Bust rather than lifesize? Curious-

I have to think it would be. Why do need something for your living room?

Reaction Score
There's a used statue in Happy Valley we could probably purchase for like $75 and ask a sculptor to change the face and have the middle finger instead of the pointer extended. We could have it pointed in the general direction of the NCAA office.

Reaction Score
Amazing idea. Love it. But life size? Come on. As JC said himself, sometimes his shadow is so big it overshadows the program (clearly paraphrasing and not a direct quote). But he said something like that. So we need at least a 50 foot statue here, maybe 100 ft even. JC wasn't life-size. The man himself, his personality, and his impact was larger than life as they say, and we need a statue that reflects so appropriately. Unfortunately, I cant come up with those funds, so someone get Burton on the phone....

Reaction Score
Amazing idea. Love it. But life size? Come on. As JC said himself, sometimes his shadow is so big it overshadows the program (clearly paraphrasing and not a direct quote). But he said something like that. So we need at least a 50 foot statue here, maybe 100 ft even. JC wasn't life-size. The man himself, his personality, and his impact was larger than life as they say, and we need a statue that reflects so appropriately. Unfortunately, I cant come up with those funds, so someone get Burton on the phone....

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
ok i obv didnt mean to post that 3 times. this website does not work for me. i dont know why

CL82

Reaction Score
Want to go 8 feet?

Reaction Score
If this happens there will be two sculptures in Storrs. So we can request a discount, pay for JC's first and the second is put on 'layaway'.

CL82

Reaction Score
If this happens there will be two sculptures in Storrs. So we can request a discount, pay for JC's first and the second is put on 'layaway'.
Don't assume. If you think they are building one, ask. Easier to contribute to there sculpture and let them do the leg work. If the Boneyard contibutes as a single entity, rather than individuals, we will have significant input as to the pose, size, etc.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The inscription should say "Not a dime back!"

Crying out loud, I take a few days off for a quadruple bypass and the story that's been brewing all summer comes to a head. I with we didn't have to loose him, and I wish KO was getting a3 year deal, but I imagine we'll be fins!

CL82

Reaction Score

Crying out loud, I take a few days off for a quadruple bypass and the story that's been brewing all summer comes to a head. I with we didn't have to loose him, and I wish KO was getting a3 year deal, but I imagine we'll be fins!

I blame you Rich. Apparently Calhoun was dismayed by your disinterest and retired.

Feel better soon! It takes a while but the difference will be amazing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We just completed a bronze of the former President Nixon for a corporation in New Zealand

Anyone else curious about the Nixon-New Zealand connection?

Reaction Score

Hey Rich , how are you feeling? Hope you're doing well. Quadruple?! One or two wasn't enough? :)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thing is, I was supposed to get aeterioplasty on my legs. But I flunked the stress test (SHHH,-- don't tell Emerrt) Evidently the bad legs were keeping me from stressing my heart enough to bring on a heart attack.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thing is, I was supposed to get aeterioplasty on my legs. But I flunked the stress test (SHHH,-- don't tell Emerrt) Evidently the bad legs were keeping me from stressing my heart enough to bring on a heart attack.

Calhoun would have had quintuple bypass surgery, but if you're content to stop at four, I guess that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom