Ines article from Journal Inquirer | The Boneyard

Ines article from Journal Inquirer

Reaction Score
What a lovely article! Makes me respect Inês even more.

And some prehistoric spirit of revenge lurking in the back of my lizard-brain really wishes we could avenge that loss to MD before the season ends, and that Inês could have major role in it. But that’s just me.

Reaction Score
Ines is another Brianna Pulido, only more skilled in BB. You gotta love her. GO INES! GO HUSKIES!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
What a lovely article! Makes me respect Inês even more.

And some prehistoric spirit of revenge lurking in the back of my lizard-brain really wishes we could avenge that loss to MD before the season ends, and that Inês could have major role in it. But that’s just me.
MD or ND!!!!

sun

Reaction Score
I hit a paywall but read the article through this site/ link.

The article said that this is her favorite song to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't see the comparison. Ines is at a different level than walk on Pulido.
I think the difference between almost all normal Uconn recruits and a walk-on like Pulido is huge. Ines was IMO an emergency recruit designed to be an upgrade over the next best alternative at that time, namely a walk-on. When we found out about Paige, there were no great options, high school players had committed, portal transfers had made their decision, and even among foreign possibilities we probably were limited to players that already has a visa to get someone here on time.

With those severe restrictions Geno did the best he could, got a player significantly better than a walk-on probably would have been, but that doesn't mean that Ines is any way comparable to the other players either. She is in that wide gulf of much better than a walk-on, and nowhere close to a typical Uconn recruit. Just the way it is, Paige's injury created a critical need to get another guard as quickly as possible.

The results have been somewhat mixed, but I am very glad we got her. She was brought in to be an emergency backup plan, and this season we certainly had those emergencies where she was needed. Otherwise we might have had a walk-on in the final moments of the Princeton game, and starting against Maryland.

Reaction Score
I have no patience for criticism of Inês. Sure, she came to us in an unusual way, and maybe we wouldn't have recruited her under ordinary circumstances. But she has not disappointed at all, and she shows a spark that may surprise everyone. I predict she'll be a regular rotation player by her junior year, and we'll be really impressed by her every year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I have no patience for criticism of Inês. Sure, she came to us in an unusual way, and maybe we wouldn't have recruited her under ordinary circumstances. But she has not disappointed at all, and she shows a spark that may surprise everyone. I predict she'll be a regular rotation player by her junior year, and we'll be really impressed by her every year.
People have a right to criticize her, but I'm 100% with your bolded part. Girl's got game and grit, and as Geno said, she's way more athletic than most people realize.

Reaction Score
Thumbs up on Inês. Plays smart, follows the offense, hard nose on defense. Her passes are crisp. Maybe this is what Lou was like coming in as a freshman? When I saw the picture in the article...Manu Ginobili. Here's to hoping she can master the Euro step.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I've been impressed with her athleticism. Defensively, she looks good out on the perimeter. Offensively, I don't see much that she can't do. Not sure if she's shown a pull-up jumper, but I bet she shows it next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom