Indiana next- what to expect | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Indiana next- what to expect

Reaction Score
At this point anyone can win. They need to stay motivated with a strong defense and try to look at it as if no one was in the stands and they were just trying to win. I think they use the full 9 player rotation in this game to try to wear them down some. If they get off to a good start everything should flow well. If not it's going to be a struggle.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Posted this in another thread.

Indiana shot 51% last night and Princeton shot 34%. How did Indiana only win by 1 point?

Indiana turned the ball over 17 times to Princeton's 8 and Princeton grabbed 10 offensive boards to Indiana's 1. One offensive rebound for the entire game. The result was 19 more FGA for Princeton which allowed them to stay close despite the FG% difference.

Reaction Score
I watch IU a bunch, because of a bB1G subscription and, initially, because I still like Ali Patberg, in either a green or red uniform. Now, I just like the whole dang team

Coco:
  • Berger is, indeed, the queen of the mid-range game and she can get to it in a variety of ways: pull-ups, back-in and turnaround, even some under and ups. She gets fouled a bunch, too.
  • Holmes will do her Kevin McHale thing, too. She looks gangly, but don't be fooled, she's super efficient and all the IU players work getting her a touch at least one of three times down the court.
  • Aleksa Gulbe is, imho, the most improved player over the last two years. Third leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder. Looks like and plays like a cross of the Westbeld sisters. She's solid and smart.
  • At this point, Ali Patberg has probably played more HS and college games in Indiana than anyone. She's not the focal point anymore, but can sting you on the run and that odd set/jumper.
  • Smart, smart, experienced. Teri Moren has an older team and they play like one. Won't get rattled. At all. Under pressure, look for Berger to get the ball and good luck taking it from her.
  • Foul shots. 75%. They won't miss many.

HuskyFan1125:
- Cardano-Hillary will, if I read Moren correctly, attach herself to the Husky that they feel controls pace and then they'll be considered one thing. She drives Clark nuts.
Paige, meet your new best friend.
- As per flopping: C-H is not just a pest who falls backwards: she made the all-defense B1G team. Excellent one-on-one defender who also fills passing lanes. C-H moves her feet well, gets in a guard's grill and then rebounds to the tune of nearly 5 a game. Yes, she's 5'6".

Looking forward to this game.....
Nice overview. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Patberg’s freshman classmates at Notre Dame, Arike & Mabrey 2 (Boneyard favorites;)) are entering their 4th season in the wnba this year :eek: while she’s still playing in the NCAA.:rolleyes:
I watch Indiana whenever I can just to catch a glimpse of Patberg. She's taken on one disaster after another and somehow keeps on showing up for work. Could be just me but I find that more inspirational than anything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom