Indiana is VERY good | The Boneyard

Indiana is VERY good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Powerful athletic bodies at all positions. Vonleh looks like a version of Hakeem -not the same shot blocker but the physicality and athleticism at that size. Their PG is quick powerful and VERY good. They play hard fast and energy was at 110%. Mu suggestion is for us to play some zone with Amida in the middle. I think they can be exploited on the perimeter if we can cut the lane and court down. No one on this team can take Vonaleh 1-1 or even close--theyll all foul out. We must compromise a little for out shortcomings inside and I think a zone with Amida in the middle can be a nice answr for parts of game against specific opponents.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree...it will be a very tough challenge tomorrow. I think mixing in some zone can be useful but the team is used to playing man-to-man & that seems to be Coach Ollie's preferred defense, so a predominance of zone is unlikely.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Yeah, the way Indiana is playing is making me a little worried about tomorrow's game. I think a double team of Olander and Brimah/Nolan will slow Vonleh down. God damnit, pisses me off Vonleh didn;t sign with us...

Reaction Score
Washington lost to UC Irvine by 14pts in Seattle, a home game for them. IU looks very impressive but UW isn't very good, plus they're down 2 bigs in their rotation.

Reaction Score
I am glad they are very good.

The zone in zone out lackadaisical nature of our teams focus and intensity needs to be broken and tomorrow is as good a time as any for that. UConn needs a to play a top opponent like yesterday. Out motto is "Ten Toes in" and we are literally playing footsy with teams we should be better than. We will either come and play 40 tomorrow and learn a lesson or lose and learn a lesson.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Boatwright had two blocks in the game, one more than his previous career high.

"He did a lot of things for us tonight," Ollie said. "He had a great floor game. I know he wanted to score a little more, but the game is going to dictate that and when that does you have to play for your teammates. He can explode at any time and I know he'll be ready for tomorrow and we'll play better offense than we did tonight."

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Why the hell is Indiana not ranked?!? They just dropped 100+!!!

Reaction Score
and yea, UConn is not going giving up 102 pts tomorrow, this was an embarrassing defensive performance from UW

Reaction Score
Glad UConn got their poor shooting night out of the way tonight..

Reaction Score
Before we turn Indiana into the Miami Heat please keep in mind they almost lost at home to Long Island U and Washington is not very good this year and gives up a lot of points. Not denying they are a tough opponent but let's not get over the top.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They are going to slaughter us on the boards. Bazz and Boat will have to have big games.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Before we turn Indiana into the Miami Heat please keep in mind they almost lost at home to Long Island U and Washington is not very good this year and gives up a lot of points. Not denying they are a tough opponent but let's not get over the top.

They definitely have the look of a top 25 team though

Reaction Score
Why the hell is Indiana not ranked?!? They just dropped 100+!!!

Alright guys! As someone attending IU now, I'll give you the scoop. I'm not sure what you saw tonight (I was at work), but whatever it was...it was not indicative of their season thus far. Indiana has been, for the most part, underwhelming. A couple of things, this team's chemistry is definitely much worse without Oladipo and Zeller and it's a different dynamic. One thing striking is how few assists IU gets per game. If any of you saw their game against Long Island University...it was atrocious. The really deserved to lose that game and somehow didn't.

And up to this point, they've played a pretty cupcake schedule. Even UW is not what it was just a few years ago.

Should UConn be worried...yes. But IU is not a team that really deserves to be ranked at the moment. UConn is the much better team with better talent and they should be able to handle IU.

Reaction Score
If UConn sticks to the experience angle, should win by 5-10pts. IU is very young, almost all of their players are freshmen or sophomores, minus Sheehey.

They have incredible promise and I think this team has far more upside than last year's team, but nowhere near them in IQ & experience yet. If Crean can avoid draft attrition, IU will be knocking on the door for a while, but not until next year.

Boatwright & Napier can really slice IU's D, which goes into major lapses at times. Yogi is just a sophomore and he doesn't really have a solid partner at the 2 yet, though Eric Gordon's younger brother is starting to play better.

It would be damn nice if this was an annual matchup, sometimes twice a year, conference play : ) & maybe a third game in the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
If UConn sticks to the experience angle, should win by 5-10pts. IU is very young, almost all of their players are freshmen or sophomores, minus Sheehey.

They have incredible promise and I think this team has far more upside than last year's team, but nowhere near them in IQ & experience yet. If Crean can avoid draft attrition, IU will be knocking on the door for a while, but not until next year.

Boatwright & Napier can really slice IU's D, which goes into major lapses at times. Yogi is just a sophomore and he doesn't really have a solid partner at the 2 yet, though Eric Gordon's younger brother is starting to play better.

It would be damn nice if this was an annual matchup, sometimes twice a year, conference play : ) & maybe a third game in the conference tourney.

hmm from what I saw that is a team filled with ballers with a quick thick PG who can shoot and the second coming of Al Horford in the middle with quick athtletic high energy wing players. Can we beat Indiana--of course IU think we have the ability to beat any team. Strategy can be a factor here--I think if we play some zone--we can force them to shoot 3's which I think could be their downfall and let us get the ball up the court. If we play 1-1 the whole game--Its possible we can get into serious interior FT and they will have points in the paint. I love our team--but this Indiana team is no joke. We need to play 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Alright guys! As someone attending IU now, I'll give you the scoop. I'm not sure what you saw tonight (I was at work), but whatever it was...it was not indicative of their season thus far. Indiana has been, for the most part, underwhelming. A couple of things, this team's chemistry is definitely much worse without Oladipo and Zeller and it's a different dynamic. One thing striking is how few assists IU gets per game. If any of you saw their game against Long Island University...it was atrocious. The really deserved to lose that game and somehow didn't.

And up to this point, they've played a pretty cupcake schedule. Even UW is not what it was just a few years ago.

Should UConn be worried...yes. But IU is not a team that really deserves to be ranked at the moment. UConn is the much better team with better talent and they should be able to handle IU.

If you had a draft pick and could take any player for your NBA team from either of the two--you'd take Vanleh. Don't think this Indiana team is not full of talent--it is.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with IU, but for duckks sake Ryan's name is Boatright, not Boatwright. Multiple people in this thread have spelled his name wrong, and it seems to happen all the time. It's his 3rd year with the team. If you don't know his name by now then you shouldn't be posting on this forum. EOM

Reaction Score
hmm from what I saw that is a team filled with ballers with a quick thick PG who can shoot and the second coming of Al Horford in the middle with quick athtletic high energy wing players. Can we beat Indiana--of course IU think we have the ability to beat any team. Strategy can be a factor here--I think if we play some zone--we can force them to shoot 3's which I think could be their downfall and let us get the ball up the court. If we play 1-1 the whole game--Its possible we can get into serious interior FT and they will have points in the paint. I love our team--but this Indiana team is no joke. We need to play 40 minutes.
You are 100% correct. We need to play 40 minutes...simple as that. If we do that, its a W. No, Indiana is not the Miami Heat but they are clearly the best team we have played up to this point. If we play like we did tonight or play like the 2nd half of the Maryland game, this could be our first loss.

Reaction Score
You are 100% correct. We need to play 40 minutes...simple as that. If we do that, its a W. No, Indiana is not the Miami Heat but they are clearly the best team we have played up to this point. If we play like we did tonight or play like the 2nd half of the Maryland game, this could be our first loss.

Ts5-- it will be important to get out and get on them--throw the first punch--but tomorrow--no lulls because this team can pound back hard.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with IU, but for duckks sake Ryan's name is Boatright, not Boatwright. Multiple people in this thread have spelled his name wrong, and it seems to happen all the time. It's his 3rd year with the team. If you don't know his name by now then you shouldn't be posting on this forum. EOM

You are right. Thanks for pointing it out. BTW Boatwright had a great game last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom