Indiana (14) @ Rutgers - 12/31/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Indiana has played the tougher OOC Schedule, so it will be interesting to see which team is for real.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I voted for Rutgers because, well . . .

But it will be interesting. The RU fan board reflects unbridled optimism that I do not share, although obviously they have seen a lot more games than I have, I have only read commentary and seen 1 TV game.

I expect Rutgers to be extremely competitive this season - but I also expect them, for the most part, to lose to the teams that are "above" them. That is, I'm not sure they are likely to pull any major upsets.

We will see, of course this one game is not the determinant for the season either, but a victory would cement RU's competitiveness while a loss would / should lower expectations.

Reaction Score
Not surprised this is such a defensive game. I doubt the winning team hit 50 points unless it goes to OT.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very tough defense by both sides. Rutgers definitely living up to their DNA.
This kid Guirantes for Rutgers seems very talented offensively but will be gang defended all game since no one else seems to be able to help.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Indiana playing a very tough defensive game so far, got the short end of the stick on some block/charge calls that could have really tipped the scales in their favor. Patberg is doing a great job of staying with Guirantes' crossover, which she uses all the time.

Reaction Score
Guirantes put up 17 shots with 16 min left in game. Gonna put Carter to shame.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This is actually a fairly high quality game. Indiana pushed out to a lead and the teams have been mostly trading buckets for the entire 4th quarter. Indiana just plays with a lot of savvy. Patberg, Penn, Berger, Holmes and Gulbe have all been contributing a lot. Brenna Wise has been quiet.

Is Bendu Yeaney out for this game?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rutgers pressure getting to IN a bit. IN will probably pull it out but no one will want to play Rutgers.

IN just got lucky with a blatant no call.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Indiana seemed to score on almost every possession in the first 5 minutes of 4Q, but have gone scoreless since.

Rutgers down by 5 with 50 seconds left.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh crap. Guirantes injured left ankle. Looks pretty severe

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

For everyone saying MM is throwing her players under the bus, Stringer seems to have her own private defense mechanism. I am calling it the baby syndrome.

Her 'poor' inexperienced players are just not ready to do what our brilliant coaching staff wants them to.

That is why we did not have a challenging schedule in OOC before Big10 play. Our poor inexperienced players could not handle it.

Is it so hard to say

1) I thought we played good defense on them but the opponents were able to handle our press better than they did last year. They are tough and battle tested so far.

2) We need more offensive threats to help Guirantes

By the way, am I hearing right that she is calling some one on their team T Baby?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
For everyone saying MM is throwing her players under the bus, Stringer seems to have her own private defense mechanism. I am calling it the baby syndrome.

Her 'poor' inexperienced players are just not ready to do what our brilliant coaching staff wants them to.

That is why we did not have a challenging schedule in OOC before Big10 play. Our poor inexperienced players could not handle it.

Is it so hard to say

1) I thought we played good defense on them but the opponents were able to handle our press better than they did last year. They are tough and battle tested so far.

2) We need more offensive threats to help Guirantes

By the way, am I hearing right that she is calling some one on their team T Baby?
T Baby is someones nickname, I think Mack. So far as I know, Vivian didn't create it, but her and the fans do use it.

A book could be written about things CVS says. I'm pretty sure - based on all the years I was around NJ - that CVS has a very good grasp of the facts. At times she says things that make you think otherwise.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I read CVS's press conference differently. She basically said:

Indiana is a very good team, and RU didn't execute the way they needed to. She said some of that is because certain players didn't know where they needed to be, that she wasn't able to run everything she wanted to yet. And someone besides Arella needs to step up make themselves a threat. And she warned her players that their OOC schedule was weaker than usual (which she got asked about), and that the B10 is real, so get ready and stay alert.

Reaction Score
Baylor transfer Alexis Morris played in her second game for the Scarlet Knights. The redshirt sophomore became eligible to play in Rutgers' last game against Wisconsin after sitting out a year because of transfer rules. She was dismissed by Baylor in 2018 for a violation of team rules. The Big 12 All-Freshman had two assists in 11 minutes against Indiana.

In New Jersey they’ll accept your tired, your poor, your violators of team rules yearning to breathe free.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It seems to me that CVS thinks her team is better than it is and underestimated how good Indiana is. Her comments were odd in so many ways that she comments about the schedule yet she's the one who set it up. She talked about the team not knowing plays-then why put the players in the game or running plays they don't know? She also referenced the 20 hour limit as if it was an encumbrance to her but this has been the same limitation for years when school is IN SESSION. School is not in session now. She didn't really take any accountability that this team wasn't ready due to her coaching and plan. I know that many people think she has a talented team with the transfers and a few top recruits and top scorer back, I just don't see any offensive flow for them (and haven't for years). To me, Rutgers is 7th or lower in deep conference without any Top 10 teams. They could have 7-8 teams from 10th to 25th. Indiana, Maryland, Mich, Mich St., Northwestern, tOSU, Minn, Purdue and even Iowa all have some decent teams to give Rutgers trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom