Independents standings | The Boneyard

Independents standings

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What do you think about that?

DFBE8389-11A6-4CFE-900E-2B5B4B75DAED.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’ve never thought about using “independents standings” as an oxymoron until right now. But now that you mention it ….

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think that "independent" status is something that is more likely to grow than to shrink.

When you consider how small these tv contracts are for conferences like the Sunbelt, etc, it begins to make a bunch more sense for teams to create their own schedule, get one or two big payouts to visit a P5 school, and likely have a more meaningful season with more regional games.

I'm absolutely loving the Independent life over the AAC...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think that "independent" status is something that is more likely to grow than to shrink.

When you consider how small these tv contracts are for conferences like the Sunbelt, etc, it begins to make a bunch more sense for teams to create their own schedule, get one or two big payouts to visit a P5 school, and likely have a more meaningful season with more regional games.

I'm absolutely loving the Independent life over the AAC...
The problem with that is few schools would have a suitable Olympic sports home. Only Temple, Memphis, SMU and a few others might be able to find a good Olympic sports home.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The problem with that is few schools would have a suitable Olympic sports home. Only Temple, Memphis, SMU and a few others might be able to find a good Olympic sports home.
It seems like regional leagues would be more than happy to become Olympic homes, since it cuts down on their travel budgets.

College has certainly become a game of dollars and cents, and this makes sense...

Reaction Score
True, but if enough programs coordinated the effort. Say Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee wanted to go that route. They are decent programs stuck in C-USA, for whatever reason, so C-USA might be willing to keep just their olympic sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom