independent coalition to negotiate bowl and play off tie ins? | The Boneyard

independent coalition to negotiate bowl and play off tie ins?

Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but might the B12 implosion lead to a coalition of independents to negotiate a G5 type of carve out w/ some bowls and the expanded playoffs? This could get some steam with former P5 B12 leftovers as part of a coalition - and/or could such a coalition could get more folks going independent? I assume the more independents the better from our perspective if we want a way into the playoff? If any/every independent was necessarily included, it would be an option for teams w/o having to go hat in hand to beg to get included in a conference.

(Sorry, I have dropped off following this stuff for quite some time - maybe this is already addressed/resolved?)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but might the B12 implosion lead to a coalition of independents to negotiate a G5 type of carve out w/ some bowls and the expanded playoffs? This could get some steam with former P5 B12 leftovers as part of a coalition - and/or could such a coalition could get more folks going independent? I assume the more independents the better from our perspective if we want a way into the playoff? If any/every independent was necessarily included, it would be an option for teams w/o having to go hat in hand to beg to get included in a conference.

(Sorry, I have dropped off following this stuff for quite some time - maybe this is already addressed/resolved?)
More industry is good for us. Beyond that, who knows.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That's not how this works. Why would any conference or bowl committee with any clout allow anyone else to horn in on the better bowl games? They wouldn't.

Reaction Score
Things might work differently now after NCAA vs. Austin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom