Incredible Akok game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Incredible Akok game

Reaction Score
ADAMA needs to be incorporated a little better as a passer (I know not a ADAMA post) but when he comes back ADAMA to AKOK connection would be unstoppable. Put Adama on the low block and AKOK and Polley in proximal 3 triangular formation ready to take a inside out pass and that brings another layer of game from us.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I want nothing more than to see this kid explode on the national spotlight. Just hope to God he stays healthy please!

Reaction Score
I'll just say this: I am pleasantly surprised at the extinction of the lame phallic Akok pun that was so rampant on this board.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only thing holding him back is the team realizing what he can do. African guys tend to be humble and he is overly deferential. Tonight they gave him confidence and he rewarded it with an outstanding game at both ends. He was so impactful on D. Just all over.

Reaction Score
Only thing holding him back is the team realizing what he can do. African guys tend to be humble and he is overly deferential. Tonight they gave him confidence and he rewarded it with an outstanding game at both ends. He was so impactful on D. Just all over.

This post made me laugh. The only reason Akok hasn’t been better this season is his teammates. You used the word “epic” in another thread. You said he was the player of the game earlier in the season in a game in which he scored 2 points and played about 10 minutes.

Understand I’m not being snarky, I genuinely enjoy the completely over the top Akok stuff from you this year. I’m glad it was finally justified, he was really good today. I hope it continues.

Reaction Score
ADAMA needs to be incorporated a little better as a passer (I know not a ADAMA post) but when he comes back ADAMA to AKOK connection would be unstoppable. Put Adama on the low block and AKOK and Polley in proximal 3 triangular formation ready to take a inside out pass and that brings another layer of game from us.
Three-headed monster in the making.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This post made me laugh. The only reason Akok hasn’t been better this season is his teammates. You used the word “epic” in another thread. You said he was the player of the game earlier in the season in a game in which he scored 2 points and played about 10 minutes.

Understand I’m not being snarky, I genuinely enjoy the completely over the top Akok stuff from you this year. I’m glad it was finally justified, he was really good today. I hope it continues.

I know I’m a bit over the top, but part of my point in that game, and others was that he set screens (best screener on team) moved off of them and was wide open. But the ball never came. Tonight they actually passed to him and he knocked them down. I’ve seen him wide open for corner 3s and Gaff just drives into traffic and doesn’t kick out. Maybe that will change now.

I don’t know if it’s Akok calling for it, Hurley coaching it or just confidence in him, maybe all of them. But like other bigs, he doesn’t have the ball in his hands and the guys who do weren’t giving it to him even when he was open.

Reaction Score
There are more than enough minutes for Sanogo, Akok and Whaley to share the 4 and 5. If split evenly that’s 27 minutes each. I will mean Johnson not playing except in blowouts, and it means Polley losing minutes at the 4, and having to fight for minutes on the wing.

Disagree. Look, that was best he has played since tearing the Achilles, and he was reallly good yesterday. And our 13-0 run that won the game was as much about him blocking shots as Hawkins hitting shots. Also, there is no reason to think he won’t become much better building off the confidence that yesterday gave him. But …

his limitations aren’t that his teammates don’t understand him. He played great help defense, but less so man to man. And he doesn’t have great hands when his teammates do pass this the ball and he’s not set and ready.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
In the 2nd half he went to the floor and came up favoring his hip. Not sure if he came back in. I'm sure he did.

Yes, huge game.

Reaction Score
What I really liked with Akok is that he didn't just hang out at the 3 point line, even after hitting a couple. I know the guy can hit 3's but he needs to be an option down low as well.
I also like that he used his brain on the defensive end. A few times he 'showed' block, but knew even if he got it, he would be out of position. He still let the Bonnie know he was there and altered shots without leaving the floor.
I loved Brimah got himself out of position so many times trying to block everything, it would make me want to scream at the t.v..

Reaction Score
I'm just so happy for Akok Akok seeing his passion for the game being rewarded...after all he went through with the injury....the day he got injured watching his tears fall down on his face absolutely broke my heart...I really wish this young man a bright future

Reaction Score
Great to see him play that well. Question is, when Sanogo and Martin return, who's minutes is he taking?
a combo of sanogo, whaley, and samson. most of the mins should come directly from whaley at the 4 who in turn will take mins from sanogo at the 5 where whaley is a better fit. samson is going to find it hard to earn more minutes going forward if akok keeps playing like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom