Incoming freshman guard Ahmad Nowell ready to start UConn career | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Incoming freshman guard Ahmad Nowell ready to start UConn career

Reaction Score
Hope the kid is good enough to start and good enough to move Hass to the bench. The reality is that he will push Hass and pushing Hass leads to great things! Just saying he is good for Hassan, who fought and won the 6th man spot. Hass knows Hurley, the offense and how to run it, he will be mentoring Nowell like AJP mentored Kemba, and Kemba mentoring Bazz.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the Jordan Classic?

This kid is a stud? He's built like a brickhouse. He's not going to be intimidated taking it to the rim.

Kid is huge.

He is jacked and also an absolute jet. There was one play in the Jordan Brand where he crossed over Flagg and then went through 3 interior defenders to finish with a beautiful latup.

Reaction Score
Article from the Register.

Or maybe Nowell can win the job, either right off the bat like Castle did this past season, or later in the year. Either way, he hasn't talked about it much with Dan Hurley and the UConn coaching staff.

"That hasn't been really much of a conversation," Nowell said. "(Hurley) recruited me because he knew I was going to compete, he knew I was a dog and I was going to play hard. With that being said, he doesn't have to say it, I just have to show it and prove that I can be out there on the court with those guys."

Saw in the Jordan game kid is built like an Abrams. Much quicker than i thought also.

Reaction Score
Not happy with the size and length (lack of) of the incoming Freshman guards. Danny needs to bring in some length and proven shooting ability at the 2 and wing positions from the Portal, imo. Our biggest loss from this year will be the size and shooting talent we had at the 1-3 positions.
We`re fine. Hurley is bringing in another shooter at the 2 but you are forgetting Solo Ball is a STUD!!! He will be heard from next year. There is way too much talent there for it not to come together for him. He had a solid freshmen season but got a little lost in the latter half because Castle got healthy and proved to be a stud and hass was just so darn good this season. Then Stewart started to break out late but we cant forget how talented Solo really is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom